Matchday Munching

4 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Was there summat above the old club shop at the back of the South? I have a vague memory of my Dad sloping off for a pint up some stairs 

thats it mate was built on stilts above the old shop .......was a night club when it opened but dont think it really took off as one but like i said was very popular on matchdays .

Why don't we have like hot dog sellers walking around with the trays around their necks? That would be a better option of getting food. Let them come to us.

5 hours ago, mrgund said:

Why don't we have like hot dog sellers walking around with the trays around their necks? That would be a better option of getting food. Let them come to us.

how do you get your hot dog to the bloke sat in the middle of the row ....be mayhem with people blocking others view as he walks to the aisle gets served then walks back to his seat ......how many hot dogs could the seller carry and how does he keep them hot ....do they come ready made if so they;d be a bit soggy by the time he sells the last one ......

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

thats it mate was built on stilts above the old shop .......was a night club when it opened but dont think it really took off as one but like i said was very popular on matchdays .

Thanks for that, mentioned it to mates before and they had me convinced I'd made it up

8 hours ago, mrgund said:

Maybe he could be one of those little people so he doesn't block any views.

mate he could be a foot tall but the buyers would still have to get out there seat make everyone else stand up as they shuffle along the row and then do it again when they return ,chuck in they may be 10 people in a queue blocking the gangway as  shorty is delving in his  box looking for the mustard .....,,,,,,,,,.in the" improved catering stakes" this one is a non runner i'm afraid

There is so much we can do to make it better. We dont have a lot of space either. 

Fulham away serve beer on these small carts making for a fast and quick way to sell pints and make money. They take up no room and will quickly see beer sales go up. 

Tokens or loading money onto season ticket (oyster card style) would save a lot of time with the servers as they only have to get what is required without working out prices. 

Pre ordering beers for half time could save a lot of time as well. You pay for it pre match when your picking up your pre match beer.You recieve a token or receipt or whatever. The staff know how many to pour from say 40 mins in the game- then you pick up beer nice and simple at half time in exchange for token/ receipt. This would save the most time and make us more money in the process. 

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

mate he could be a foot tall but the buyers would still have to get out there seat make everyone else stand up as they shuffle along the row and then do it again when they return ,chuck in they may be 10 people in a queue blocking the gangway as  shorty is delving in his  box looking for the mustard .....,,,,,,,,,.in the" improved catering stakes" this one is a non runner i'm afraid

It is not as you are imagining. The Hotdog/Pie seller goes to the end of the row. The guy that wants one passes his money down the row and in return gets his change and a hotdog. It works very well in USA and no one has to really do anything.

At no point would the seller make everyone stand up or move about. 

7 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

It is not as you are imagining. The Hotdog/Pie seller goes to the end of the row. The guy that wants one passes his money down the row and in return gets his change and a hotdog. It works very well in USA and no one has to really do anything.

At no point would the seller make everyone stand up or move about. 

do you really believe you could pass a tenner down a row of 40 people on the kop with the match going on  each one passing on your request for hot dog with mustard and expect to get one  with your change .....the bloke in the end seat will be thrilled to bits as he spends half the match handling change and passing on hot dogs .....may work in america got zero chance in sheffield .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

do you really believe you could pass a tenner down a row of 40 people on the kop with the match going on  each one passing on your request for hot dog with mustard and expect to get one  with your change .....the bloke in the end seat will be thrilled to bits as he spends half the match handling change and passing on hot dogs .....may work in america got zero chance in sheffield .

40 people?? it would be around 15 people maximum with the middle person being the furthest away he/ she would only have to pass down half of a row to reach hot dog seller.  

Are you suggesting that SWFC fans would steal from an SWFC fan?

I think if it cant work in UK it shows whats wrong with us and what is right with USA. I wonder how much profit a baseball/ basketball/ american football/ 'soccer' team makes from all the marketing and sales they do. I would estimate it is double ours. This sort of idea is just the start could add a couple of thousand to the takings every game. Small profit but any profit is good profit.

Carts of beer on the concourse for people that just want a pint and not a big order holding the queue up is one of the simplest ways to ease congestions around kiosks and to maximise alcohol sales. 

5 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

40 people?? it would be around 15 people maximum with the middle person being the furthest away he/ she would only have to pass down half of a row to reach hot dog seller.  

I think if it cant work in UK it shows whats wrong with us and what is right with USA. I wonder how much profit a baseball/ basketball/ american football/ 'soccer' team makes from all the marketing and sales they do. I would estimate it is double ours. This sort of idea is just the start could add a couple of thousand to the takings every game. Small profit but any profit is good profit.

Carts of beer on the concourse for people that just want a pint and not a big order holding the queue up is one of the simplest ways to ease congestions around kiosks and to maximise alcohol sales. 

i'm suggesting nothing but i know i wouldnt give money to a stranger to pass on to another stranger to pass on to another( repeat ad nauseum) and expect to see it again.people would be quite within there rights to say feck off i'm watching the match .it may be in the american makeup but i doubt its in the english football fans .......as for the beer carts where do propose they put them on the kop or north stand concourse .you cant move on there as it is, stick a few beer carts on there would be nigh on impossible .

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm suggesting nothing but i know i wouldnt give money to a stranger to pass on to another stranger to pass on to another( repeat ad nauseum) and expect to see it again.people would be quite within there rights to say feck off i'm watching the match .it may be in the american makeup but i doubt its in the english football fans .......as for the beer carts where do propose they put them on the kop or north stand concourse .you cant move on there as it is, stick a few beer carts on there would be nigh on impossible .

The beer carts are very small. They are probably less than 1-meter squared. and would fit in a lot of places easily. 

Maybe I can understand that football fans would not like it. But if you have another way to increase revenue whilst the match is being played feel free to make a suggestion. If you added up the time to pass money and change down it would not take long and you can pass it down keeping your eyes on the game. 

I have wanted this to happen for ages in football as it is so much easier. 

Could slightly change so that the sellers are on the gangways and if you want something you can go get food and soft drinks still in view of the match. But you didnt like everyone standing up to let someone through either. 

54 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Course they would