Matchday Munching

I keep going back to how the Americans do it.

When I go to the States, I like to take in a baseball game, usually Tampa Bay Rays.

You can wander around the stadium and go to the pub (under the stand), get Hot Dogs, Burgers, Pizzas, Nachos with cheese n chillies, beer stands with those "instant filling from underneath" machines, lots of other choices, sandwiches etc. All from different stands run by well known companies, Westlers Hot Dogs, Five Guys burgers, Papa John's Pizzas, etc etc

Proper pub with leather couches etc too. Sports screens, selection of hand pulled ales.

Mind you, we might have to wait for a bigger stadium first.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

I keep going back to how the Americans do it.

When I go to the States, I like to take in a baseball game, usually Tampa Bay Rays.

You can wander around the stadium and go to the pub (under the stand), get Hot Dogs, Burgers, Pizzas, Nachos with cheese n chillies, beer stands with those "instant filling from underneath" machines, lots of other choices, sandwiches etc. All from different stands run by well known companies, Westlers Hot Dogs, Five Guys burgers, Papa John's Pizzas, etc etc

Proper pub with leather couches etc too. Sports screens, selection of hand pulled ales.

Mind you, we might have to wait for a bigger stadium first.

Baseball goes on for @3hrs and most of it is pretty boring so nobody is that bothered about missing owt (we have a 15min halftime) also your average US sports fan is a bit on the tubby side and needs feeding regularly 

i agree its like when you go to the cricket you have plenty of time to have a wander round visit the food tents, champagne bar (if you that way inclined )bit different when you only have a 15 minute window to get served then get it down your neck .......dont think there is an answer,  get better food in by all means but how to get better faster service is nigh on impossible as the kiosks are at the moment .

9 hours ago, ***HIRSTY*** said:

Cash causes issues, wastes time in a finite period and is old hat. Scan a season ticket, phone, whatever. Pre load with beer and food packages. 

they only accepted these at a festival in Poland a couple of years ago. Made it much faster.

dc02f754-b634-471d-a092-463a156c7803.jpg

As someone said it could easily double as your season ticket

OR just use contactless / applepay

48 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Baseball goes on for @3hrs and most of it is pretty boring so nobody is that bothered about missing owt (we have a 15min halftime) also your average US sports fan is a bit on the tubby side and needs feeding regularly 

Operative word is choice. And what stops the club from opening the facilities a couple of hours before and after to give people a choice of when to eat / drink.

If we had on-site pubs, with nice comfortable seating areas, sports screens etc, we're onto a winner. Although I default back to probably needing a bigger, properly designed stadium, for such an ambitious vision.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Operative word is choice. And what stops the club from opening the facilities a couple of hours before and after to give people a choice of when to eat / drink.

If we had on-site pubs, with nice comfortable seating areas, sports screens etc, we're onto a winner. Although I default back to probably needing a bigger, properly designed stadium, for such an ambitious vision.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

If it involves leaving Hillsborough, I'm more than happy to stay as we are with a Beres and a big q for a pint

6 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

If it involves leaving Hillsborough, I'm more than happy to stay as we are with a Beres and a big q for a pint

Unfortunately, any progress on the pitch, and a return to operating in the Prem, will ultimately dictate that a new modern stadium is required. Can't see us standing still any time soon under this Chairman / owner.

Edited by theowlsman

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

dont know if you went to the ozzie owl club back in the the day , it used to be rammed on matchday yard of ale contest, a stripper ,comedian ,you could get a pie as well but they got rid of it for some reason and the only reason must have been it wasnt cost effective .

22 minutes ago, modboy said:

they only accepted these at a festival in Poland a couple of years ago. Made it much faster.

dc02f754-b634-471d-a092-463a156c7803.jpg

As someone said it could easily double as your season ticket

OR just use contactless / applepay

There are quite a few ways it could be implemented. An iOS and Android app would be good. Tickets, food, beer, merchandise, mini programme with video interviews, commercial advertising, coupon offers from sponsors, HT draw tickets blah blah blah.

39 minutes ago, torryowl said:

dont know if you went to the ozzie owl club back in the the day , it used to be rammed on matchday yard of ale contest, a stripper ,comedian ,you could get a pie as well but they got rid of it for some reason and the only reason must have been it wasnt cost effective .

Way before my time, I'm a young nipper comparitively, but I did hear your generation were a bit tight, including the stripper.

lol

45 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Was there summat above the old club shop at the back of the South? I have a vague memory of my Dad sloping off for a pint up some stairs 

12 hours ago, ***HIRSTY*** said:

Cash causes issues, wastes time in a finite period and is old hat. Scan a season ticket, phone, whatever. Pre load with beer and food packages. 

Cashless system at our work. Log in, top up our staff ID cards and can use the money in any of the food outlets across campus. Its a contactless system and could maybe be something else we could use season tickets or membership cards for