John Hemmingham (Band) speaks to Jonathan Buchan

11 minutes ago, dnhc said:

lets be fair an ice cream van halfway up penistone road could drown our kop out at times...

maybe in all honesty, that's why they're there...

they are a far bigger % of the noise at s6 than they would be elsewhere...

How about drowning out fans at an England game?

I don't much listen to fans at the england games...

i have a tendency to concentrate on the football more...

i did however during the wales game hear our support loudly singing our national anthem, with not a muff from the band as far as i could hear...

i would imagine IF they we're a problem at england games it would have been sorted, as it would if they turned up for wednesday away...

@dnhc

you ou seem to be pretty savvy with the band, and their shenanigans be it at S6. Rhinos or England etc. 

Can an you tell me why they continue to prostitute themselves out to whomever opens their purses. 

39 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Think one telling thing is if the egotistical nobs were told to stop playing, none of them would actually bother turning up after that. They're not actual Wednesdayites, it's all ego.

i think you might be just a tad off there...

from posts on here they've been told on numerous occasions, or some on here are exaggerating...

whilst the latter will no doubt be true, i imagine the feelings of some supporters wanting shut will not be unheard of amongst band members...

Just now, ANDY said:

@dnhc

you ou seem to be pretty savvy with the band, and their shenanigans be it at S6. Rhinos or England etc. 

Can an you tell me why they continue to prostitute themselves out to whomever opens their purses. 

i'm not sure they get paid in all honesty...

i know plenty of you do, but that could be just one rumor spreading wildly...

IF they do get paid, well done to them, they're pinching money, and as we all are i expect 'i'm not against free enterprise'...

i think if you look up 'to prostitute' it is to take money (something i'm not sure of) for services that are 'not appropriate or respectable'...

the judgment of 'appropriate or respectable' in this case falls to the club, and as they have not yet removed them, i assume that they approve...

again, unless you can prove money changes hands for services rendered, then it's not prostitution, it's more likely whoring...

10 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I don't much listen to fans at the england games...

i have a tendency to concentrate on the football more...

i did however during the wales game hear our support loudly singing our national anthem, with not a muff from the band as far as i could hear...

i would imagine IF they we're a problem at england games it would have been sorted, as it would if they turned up for wednesday away...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/19/england-band-unaware-ira-chants

particular comments from JH in the article ' ‘We have been made aware of this. Rest assured, we will drown it out in the second half, we will play something else in the second half’

This to me smacks of the band saying they like/are able to dictate the atmosphere at games rather than add to it.

1 minute ago, jamese said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/19/england-band-unaware-ira-chants

particular comments from JH in the article ' ‘We have been made aware of this. Rest assured, we will drown it out in the second half, we will play something else in the second half’

This to me smacks of the band saying they like/are able to dictate the atmosphere at games rather than add to it.

i've not read the full article, but did so briefly at the time...

i think his statement of 'drowning out in the second half' will NOT be frowned upon by either the fa, government, or law enforcement...

if you fancy some excitement, nip up to celtic park and shout 'FACK THE IRA'   you'll be amazed at how many are apparently licensed to carry out dental work it seems...

i think his statement of 'drowning out in the second half' will NOT be frowned upon by either the fa, government, or law enforcement...

if you fancy some excitement, nip up to celtic park and shout 'FACK THE IRA'   you'll be amazed at how many are apparently licensed to carry out dental work it seems...

It's not that he's arguing the band should be in favour of anti-IRA songs, he's saying they are aware of their ability to dictate the atmosphere, and even suppress it if they don't like it.

Missing the point completely. I'm not debating whether it was the correct thing to do, more the fact that they are able to drown out supporters of the same side. Surely you don't believe they've not done similar before at Wednesday games when they want to be centre of attention?

6 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Talking about majority, how ironic.

i'm not sure there is any proof that ' the majority' want them out...

there is a very 'hostile' group wanting rid one way or another...

but i imagine that the reason they're still there is they have the clubs backing...

that could be that the club see's the objectors as a minority, or'''

dc, or dc's son like the band...

or, the club see the band's loud noise as a good cover for the foul and abusive language that would undoubtably emit from that stand were a singing section to be formed after the bands removal, in what is in fact like it or not 'the family stand' due to the club's pricing policy...

Club not backing will soon start to change now more tickets are being sold.  Ten or so people whining will achieve nothing, a few hundred and the complaints will  will be considered.   Actual confrontations on the kop will go somewhere further.  

These people have already shouted at me "w¾nker" to my face when I calmly asked them outside Wembley "Do the Rhino's not have a game on today then?" - they know full well what people think of them and don't care one iota.   

I know also what happens when you can't get non standard  parts for a van anymore (LED Lights?!!) .......what a person acts like when his vehicle has been damaged shows that person up somewhat.

Edited by salmonbones

10 minutes ago, jamese said:

Missing the point completely. I'm not debating whether it was the correct thing to do, more the fact that they are able to drown out supporters of the same side. Surely you don't believe they've not done similar before at Wednesday games when they want to be centre of attention?

it will be far harder for them to drown out the england support, than our kop...

this maybe a case of they're 'blowing their own trumpet' if you'll pardon the pun...

as i posted before over the ice cream van, you don't need much to drown out our kop, but that maybe is likely to the type of people occupying the seats there in general...

if you want to sing, go on the n/w, it offers far, far more than the kop with it's proximity to away support...

songs like 'have you ever seen your d*ck' and 'tracksuit from matalan' will be lost on you kopeytes...

Edited by dnhc

5 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Club not backing will soon start to change now more tickets are being sold.  Ten or so people whining will achieve nothing, a few hundred and the complaints will  will be considered.   Actual confrontations on the kop will go somewhere further.  

These people have already shouted at me "w¾nker" to my face when I calmly asked them outside Wembley "Do the Rhino's not have a game on today then?" - they know full well what people think of them and don't care one iota.   

I know also what happens when you can't get non standard  parts for a van anymore (LED Lights?!!) .......what a person acts like when his vehicle has been damaged shows that person up somewhat.

i was with you up to the last paragraph...

care to enlighten me?

1 hour ago, jamese said:

Who the hell does he think he is ?

That bloke believes his own hype too much .

The sooner they are banned from Hillsbro the better.

Sick to death of em.