John Hemmingham (Band) speaks to Jonathan Buchan

Already have, can't win when you have the power to delete and moderate when I don't 

My point was that others who've seen its been deleted could think all manner of things and presume I put something racist/ offensive/ derogatory when it wasn't. 

All it was, was my low opinion of the band that is forced upon us, whether we want it or not. I'll try to keep it to primary school language in future.  

2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Already have, can't win when you have the power to delete and moderate when I don't 

My point was that others who've seen its been deleted could think all manner of things and presume I put something racist/ offensive/ derogatory when it wasn't. 

All it was, was my low opinion of the band that is forced upon us, whether we want it or not. I'll try to keep it to primary school language in future.  

Having looked back back I can see why it was deemed offensive. 

You know what you said. Just take a few seconds more next time and try to use "less colourful" expletives. 

Lesson learned an all that. Eh ? 

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

According to the lad I work with (A Leeds fan), they (the Wednesday band) actually tried to play at Elland Road on a few occasions when Weeds United were playing. 

Needless to say the locals booed them out of the stadium. 

Think that says it all about them. 

Think it says a lot about your mate's imagination. 

6 hours ago, dnhc said:

they spend more time as THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY KOP BAND than anything else...

so don't be so shy about YOUR band... 

Owls and Rhinos play on the same day, where do they go?

they aren't the kop band, not when something better for them comes along

Ive no problem if they want to play at the rugby , ive no problem if they want to play at England games as i dont watch the national team , i just dont want them anywhere near Wednesday games.

They are annoying and ruin the singing.

Time for them to go

I'm starting a new band next season. Medieval instruments only.  We're called The Sh*t Vegans. Our line-up is as follows:

Me: Crumhorn

Imhotep Spratt; Sackbutt

Big Nige: Rebec

Sir Alan Sugar: Organistrum, vocals

Bob Gunt: Gittern, vocals

In addition, we will bring an Aeolian Harp for windier days, with joint responsibility for location and maintenance.

You're not allowed an opinion on the band unless you stood the row in front of them at Norwich on Honolulu Wednesday Weekend. I did and they were very annoying.

15 hours ago, PopePiusX said:

I'm starting a new band next season. Medieval instruments only.  We're called The Sh*t Vegans. Our line-up is as follows:

Me: Crumhorn

Imhotep Spratt; Sackbutt

Big Nige: Rebec

Sir Alan Sugar: Organistrum, vocals

Bob Gunt: Gittern, vocals

In addition, we will bring an Aeolian Harp for windier days, with joint responsibility for location and maintenance.

You're not allowed an opinion on the band unless you stood the row in front of them at Norwich on Honolulu Wednesday Weekend. I did and they were very annoying.

fine by me, as long as you stay on the KOP, that's where bands are kept....

22 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Don't think it was abusuve tbh, some folk are far too sensitive 

21 hours ago, roaminowl said:

You're wrong, it was 100% abusive. Please play nice in future, we don't want/need that kind of atmosphere on Owlstalk. It's all about being friendly and having a laugh. Thanks.

he should be made stand in the corner... :tango:

53 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i went to the comedy club at the w/e, and on occasion have been seen at the cricket...

hope that's ok with you lot?

Struggling to make the connection dnhc tbh.

We are talking about paid/sponsored trumpeters that are by all accounts viewed by the majority as a load of cack and self-serving. 

Not your choices as a free to associate paying customer for events of ypur choosing.

There is no comparison to be made in your post at all.

1 hour ago, F. Spiksley said:

Struggling to make the connection dnhc tbh.

We are talking about paid/sponsored trumpeters that are by all accounts viewed by the majority as a load of cack and self-serving. 

Not your choices as a free to associate paying customer for events of ypur choosing.

There is no comparison to be made in your post at all.

No, but he looked lovely in his cheerleaders uniform.

On 14/06/2016 at 06:51, archieswfc said:

It seems that their popularity is as low as ever. Surely the club must do something about it.

I think most people realise that I am not a fan of the band. I wish they would just go. However, for a balanced argument, is it that the "Leave" campaigners, like me, are more vocal on a forum where you are almost anonymous, and the "Stay" camp is just not vocal enough?

Persoanally, I don't believe this is the case, but our forum only represents a section of our total fan base. Okay, we have over 28,000 members on here, but how many fans really want the band gone, and how many just don't care either way?

On 13 June 2016 at 23:06, S36 OWL said:

Ive no problem if they want to play at the rugby , ive no problem if they want to play at England games as i dont watch the national team , i just dont want them anywhere near Wednesday games.

They are annoying and ruin the singing.

Time for them to go

Thought they were great at Wembley !

24 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I think most people realise that I am not a fan of the band. I wish they would just go. However, for a balanced argument, is it that the "Leave" campaigners, like me, are more vocal on a forum where you are almost anonymous, and the "Stay" camp is just not vocal enough?

Persoanally, I don't believe this is the case, but our forum only represents a section of our total fan base. Okay, we have over 28,000 members on here, but how many fans really want the band gone, and how many just don't care either way?

That's because the stay camp have already said their piece and can't be bothered saying the same thing over and over again as it gets totally and utterly boring. 

Because of this, the ban campaigners give each other a pat on the back and tell each other how great a campaign they have run.

At least you're talking sense ChapSmurf even though you're not a fan of the band.

Its good that somebody looks at the whole picture and takes an objective view.

1 minute ago, Bluey9 said:

That's because the stay camp have already said their piece and can't be bothered saying the same thing over and over again as it gets totally and utterly boring. 

Because of this, the ban campaigners give each other a pat on the back and tell each other how great a campaign they have run.

At least you're talking sense ChapSmurf even though you're not a fan of the band.

Its good that somebody looks at the whole picture and takes an objective view.

Cheers Bluey9. Apart from when I go in to crazy mode, once every hour or so, I try and look at things as balanced and as objectionably as possible. There are always two sides to any argument or viewpoint and on this particular subject, neither or us or either right or wrong; it's simply a question of personal choice.

I don't know how this situation will get resolved, if it gets resolved at all. From a personal standing, I just think bands, in general, are out of date somewhat and it's time for a change. I don't like the fact that they sell themselves out, and take "our" songs with them, but yet I do understand how this can happen.

At the end of the day, there are worse things in the world to have to worry about than a bloke blowing a trumpet and a guy banging a drum (sadly I know this from personal experiences over the last 10 months), but it's still a "Leave vote" I'll be casting.

Guest YellowAway

It's their hypocrisy that grates the most with me.

Paid or not (and I guess paid actually makes it slightly worse), how many Wednesday fans would stand with Leeds fans (United and Rhinos are the same fans btw), let alone play instruments to assist them?

Of those that support the band please answer whether you would do this?