Let go & bring in

Guest timrud

Sign hooper up. I'd let turner go and sign 2 centre backs. Sasso sounds like he played well today, I think he is worth keeping for the rest of the season.

After a few wobbles during the bedding in period at the  beginning of the season it would be madness to start making vast wholesale changes now we have got some stability and the side is settling down and gelling. 

Of course we could do with a couple of additions, especially in the areas where we have struggled with injury.  But it's important that we don't go and upset the apple-cart too much and risk knocking it off track. 

So, just to be clear

You think Villa's best player, currently in the Premier League, would be happy to leave to join a Championship team, in January, who's currently outside the play-offs. Do you not think he would maybe want to continue playing in the Prem, earning more money than we could certainly offer him thanks to the TV money, and raise his stock to hopefully get signed by another Prem club in summer?

And you think that Aston Villa would be willing to let one of their best players go for a couple of million pounds when he's on contract there to stay until 2020?

I want whatever you've been smoking

Playing in a struggling team destined for relegation or in a team that's looking good for the play offs where he can shine! Hmmm

What's best for him. It's down to perception. He may perceive playing for a top championship team is more attractive than a team rooted to the bottom of the premier league!

No need to smoke anything to be able to think about things from more than one perspective. Being a student you should be able to comprehend that. It's something I do in my studies now I'm in my final year of my degree as a mature student qualifying as a RN Mental Health this year.

The thought of another Ashley Westwood scares me! And if he's Villa's best player, perhaps other Premier League clubs would be interested if he's available? Not sure why he's drop to the Championship if that was to be the case.

As for our business, wouldn't like to see too much change. Carlos says Hooper is his first choice and fits our style, so getting him until st least the end of the season would be great.

Rest of the loans - no rush, they are here for the season to make a proper assessment in the next 5 months and make a decision on their future later.

Squad looks very good when fully fit, so pretty hard to see where changes this month would happen. If McGugan leaves, then we need a replacement.

Who would you trim from the current squad and who would you bring in to bolster out chances of further climbing?

Personally I'd cancel the loan of Sasso. Offload Wiggins, Lachman and Hooper.

Sort deals for Pudil, Turner, Hunt, Bannan and Wallace all of whom are on 1 year contracts or loans so that we have first option or refusal on extending contracts.

I'd go for Westwood of Villa who is probably their best player for centre back Gray from Birmingham on wing and offer 8 million for Rhodes. Blackburn at some point will have to sell as they would have hoped at start of season he may fire them to play offs and as time ticks by his value goes down as his contract end draws nearer.

That small refresh of the squad is all we need I think, whether it's those players I mentioned or others, all we're in need of is changing 3/4 to offer stronger competition in the squad to make first xi. The nucleus of a strong squad is already in place.

7th place and 2 points off 6th with massive games against current 5th and 6th to come shortly at fortress Hillsborough is a great position to be in to make a second half of season surge for promotion.

We're on our way back. For real!

WAWAW

WTID

Pleased you're safely tucked away in Solihull.

After a few wobbles during the bedding in period at the  beginning of the season it would be madness to start making vast wholesale changes now we have got some stability and the side is settling down and gelling. 

Of course we could do with a couple of additions, especially in the areas where we have struggled with injury.  But it's important that we don't go and upset the apple-cart too much and risk knocking it off track.

This, continuity is key

Pleased you're safely tucked away in Solihull.

You're no Sherlock and to be frank your insulting manner is appalling.

I gave an opinion about a few players that I think we don't particularly need and suggested a possible 3 to come in. I'm hardly suggesting a cull of the existing squad or wholesale changes, so why don't you tootle off to stick your little appendage up Watson's backside!