Hutch at CB?

Hutcherano.

He looks very solid at the back.

Him and Lees could be a quality potential partnership once Lees get's back.

It's a good job Hutchinson could play at the back and has played there before in his career, to help dig us out of our bad form.

He looked good against Derby and sounds like he was good again today too.

In the marathon that is the Championship you need a strong squad, cos of injuries; dips in form and suspensions, etc so it's very useful and a bonus to have players like Hutchinson that can play multiple positions effectively.

Can't say I've been his biggest fan in the past because of his recklessness, injury record and suspensions but he's been superb this season so far and he's been quality this season in midfield and in defence.

Perhaps he could play CB more often?

He was much better than just "effective" today.

Doesn't have to run about chucking himself into dodgy tackles either. Sees the game better from the back, everyone does.

He still has his moments, could have been booked today tackling late (out of position too in the centre circle)

He is also not very composed with the ball at his feet with this passing it around, messing with the ball at the back.   We are getting caught with the ball at CB too much lately p1ssing around with it.

Still very assured in the defensive aspects of the game.

Edited by salmonbones

They have connotations of "it will do" or "average".

Hutch was excellent, best defender in the pitch.

Well that's not what I meant.

Mean it to be a compliment.

Has I said in my earlier post, I believe he's been impressive this season

and he's looked good in midfield and defence this season. 

In the past I admit I thought of him as reckless or a liability at times,

cos of his suspensions and injuries but he's consistently showing more often his quality this season.

I'm just happy with the return to form and with the points today.

Hutchinson looks a good option for CB if needs be, has he shown today and against Derby.

And I like the look of the team with him at CB, and Forestieri on the left and Bannan in the centre, with Hooper and Joao upfront.

I'm not trying to cause a argument or to criticse or anything, just am enjoying the victory today and the season so far and it was just the wrong wording or something.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles