CC is the man!

Guest Distraught!

Aren't we supposed to support the club through thick and thin! Look at Alex Ferguson when he started at Manchester United. Judging by our fans they'd have been shouting for his head after five games!

How many jobs before arriving at Manchester United did Ferguson have?

I would also say that Ferguson's achievements at Aberdeen certainly trumped Carvalhal's career high of taking a third division side to a cup final.

Good luck to Carvalhal, he's going to need it and I certainly hope he proves to be an unexpected revelation.

But for now, I still retain the scepticism that I had when he was appointed.

I had deep reservations when CC was appointed ,and i still hold those , but i will support him like i support every manager and hope it works for him because that will mean the club are successful , but should things not pick up and results fail to arrive then my support , like that of  most other supporters will start to wain .

After 13 jobs ,Why is he suddenly going to be a good manager ?

14th time lucky perhaps - well we can hope.

Not quite the same but when i recruit the one no no would be someone with loads of job changes as it sort of suggests there is a flaw in their abilities or character

He's won 3 out of his first 7 games in all comps, losing just 2 in that time.

Have I missed something? Is he meant to be under pressure?

Aye, but 2 wins against garbage opposition in the cup. 1 win in 5 in the league and 15th position puts him under pressure. I don't want him sacked by the way I'm with you on that score but things need to improve. There are several reasons we have started poorly. Having 2 of our most difficult fixtures of the season already hasn't helped (although very few games will be easy in this league). In addition there's been a lot of new arrivals, some who have never played in England and don't speak English, and getting these players to gel takes time. I won't properly start to judge until after 10 league games. CC has good players at his disposal and 10 league plus 3 cup games is enough to get them playing. If it's still poor I'll be a little concerned.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

FFS How long do people think it takes for a brand new team to start to play well.

New team new manager new tactics.

Itll be a third to half a season before we start to see a real benefit.

Have some patience.

FFS How long do people think it takes for a brand new team to start to play well.

Have some patience.

I have been patient for 20 years so fornicate that

Have some patience.

Unfortunately patience and an understanding of just whats needed to develop a promotion chasing team is not something some of our fan base possess.

Guest Charlton

Complete nonsense to be critical this early. He was still bringing players after the season started so how can he be judged until he has a settled side?

My only concern has been how poor we have been in the final third, but with Forestieri coming in im sure we will improve.

WAWAW

Complete nonsense to be critical this early. He was still bringing players after the season started so how can he be judged until he has a settled side?

My only concern has been how poor we have been in the final third, but with Forestieri coming in im sure we will improve.

WAWAW

Well said that man  :manager:

Guest Distraught!

WAWAW

Is that to say the defence thus far has given you no reason for concern?

Guest Charlton

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I do wonder how many games some fans attend.

If you have followed the team home and away (or even just at home) then you will have witnessed many ups and downs.

I'm 50and have seen the club stay up by the skin of their teeth, by beating Southend to avoid dropping into what is now L2.

Anyone who thinks we are in a crisis right now needs an appointment with a Psychiatrist.

We are a club in major transition and guess what, it's going to take time.

If you dont have the patience then go fishing on a Saturday afternoon.

I remember us playing Watford not too long ago at Hiilsborough and some fans leaving when we were 3-0 down, despite us having half the game left.

I have no time for these people I'm afraid!

Guest Distraught!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I do wonder how many games some fans attend.

If you have followed the team home and away (or even just at home) then you will have witnessed many ups and downs.

I'm 50and have seen the club stay up by the skin of their teeth, by beating Southend to avoid dropping into what is now L2.

Anyone who thinks we are in a crisis right now needs an appointment with a Psychiatrist.

We are a club in major transition and guess what, it's going to take time.

If you dont have the patience then go fishing on a Saturday afternoon.

I remember us playing Watford not too long ago at Hiilsborough and some fans leaving when we were 3-0 down, despite us having half the game left.

I have no time for these people I'm afraid!

I don't think anybody has alluded to us being in crisis.

This thread is related to CC and whether he is the right man for the job going forward. It is nothing more than debate and conjecture. Of course it is still too early to come to any sort of realistic conclusion on the matter but this is a discussion forum and a means to express thoughts and opinions.