4-2-3-1

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I think people look at Mcgugan and his ability and shooting and think he should be playing close to the lone striker. I don't see this.

To play there you need pace and trickery , good movement and the ability to get yourself in the game.

Mcgugan much prefers facing the play , driving forward with the ball and spraying passes about.

I would like to see him playing as one of the two midfielders playing a bit deeper so he has to get in the game and can keep us moving forward .

He grew up playing 442 at forest so should easily be capable of playing a bit deeper.

Totally agree.

I think CC tried playing him in that advanced role but I think he naturally prefers to pass rather than take people on and shoot, as oppose to someone like FF in that number 10 role.

Would like to see us play a 433 with the two wingers, Matias & FF playing with lots of freedom roaming around the lone striker, Joao or Nuhiu.

I think we have a solid back 4 at the minute, no matter who is partnering Lees, then the rest picks itself. 

Westwood

Pudil

Loovens/Turner

Lees

Hunt

Hutchinson

+ 2 of

McGugan/Bannan/Lopez/Lee

Matias

FF

Joao

I would hope the fact we have Lopez on a season long wouldn't stop CC dropping him, I think Bannan and McGugan would be fantastic going forward with a CDM like Hutchinson covering, then FF and Matias roaming supporting Joao and Hunt and Pudil who are essentially converted wingers with fantastic turn of pace and work rate joining the attack as well? Very very promising.

4-2-3-1 is Definitely the way to go.

Hutchinson

Lopez

Bannan

Forestieri

Matias

---

Im also sure that many of our fans will misunderstand the role of Lopez in this position. They'll say how he's not strong enough, and not defensive enough and gets knocked off the ball too easily....but there is much, much more to that position, and for me, he is a perfect Candidate for those responsibilities

At home I see it more as a 4-1-4-1

I see those players I named above as - if fit and on form - our best players in those positions, but if there is a loss of form or injury we would have excellent options from the bench

I think people look at Mcgugan and his ability and shooting and think he should be playing close to the lone striker. I don't see this.

To play there you need pace and trickery , good movement and the ability to get yourself in the game.

Mcgugan much prefers facing the play , driving forward with the ball and spraying passes about.

I would like to see him playing as one of the two midfielders playing a bit deeper so he has to get in the game and can keep us moving forward .

He grew up playing 442 at forest so should easily be capable of playing a bit deeper.

He certainly looked good for us last season in a 442

Can't believe people still think Nuhiu can play the lone striker role. And this "he creates space" crap is one of the most ridiculous reasons I've ever heard for playing someone. You could play Michael flipping Higdon or ANY big handful of a striker up there and he'd amble about and "create space".

So much more needed to play the lone striker role.

Can't believe people still think Nuhiu can play the lone striker role. And this "he creates space" crap is one of the most ridiculous reasons I've ever heard for playing someone. You could play Michael flipping Higdon or ANY big handful of a striker up there and he'd amble about and "create space".

So much more needed to play the lone striker role.

He is s lot more suited to it that Joao or any other option.

Joao can do everything Nuhiu can plus a hell of a lot more. It's a no brainer that he starts if he's fit. CC seems to agree.

I would tend to disagree after seeing him play vs reading.

One main thing a lone striker has to do is be able to play well with back to goal and hold ball up.

Joao much weaker than Nuhiu in this aspect. And this is what makes lone striker so isolated

Joao can do everything Nuhiu can plus a hell of a lot more. It's a no brainer that he starts if he's fit. CC seems to agree.

I would tend to disagree after seeing him play vs reading.

One main thing a lone striker has to do is be able to play well with back to goal and hold ball up.

Joao much weaker than Nuhiu in this aspect. And this is what makes lone striker so isolated

Holding the ball up is not as important as people on here make out. Aguero, Costa, Callum Wilson don't hold the ball up. They're strong enough to compete and shield the ball if they need to, but they're not in the team to hold it up. They do their best work when facing the goal.

If you have a striker who's main attribute is holding the ball up, you'll end up launching the ball up to him. It happens EVERY time. It's an easy option. You need someone always beyond a player like that and that only happens if it's 442.

Joao is the closest thing we have to someone who can play the lone striker role. By a mile.