Scunthorpe goals

Having watched the replays I'm wondering wtf was going on defensively. We're either talking schoolboy mistakes or complete lack of commitment and I'm not sure which is the best description. The goal we gave away after two sideways passes around our own box followed by Helans sloppy pass (and don't look in the general direction of Semedo) deserved to be punished. Even worse was Tom Lees half hearted toe stab in lieu of a tackle as the Scunny player breezed past him. All of their goals were preventable. They just wanted to win whilst we strolled around billy big boots stylee! Harsh? I think not:(

Ps Helan is a liability (not breaking news)!

Maybe we should have gone diving in to the tackle in a friendly?

Theres a difference between diving in and completely shirking a tackle. Might be a nothing friendly but if CC is pissed off theres your prime candidates

Meanwhile, Gabriel Agbonlahor has reacted angrily to a tackle which caused him to go off injured in Villa's friendly with Wolves...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9929473/aston-villa8217s-gabriel-agbonlahor-angry-at-injury-caused-by-richard-stearman

I'd rather our players pull out of a challenge and concede a meaningless goal in a friendly than dive in, potentially knackering themselves for the start of the Championship season. If they do the same in a proper game, by all means give them the stick they'd deserve, but friendlies don't follow the same rules.

Concede a few goals pre-season...

Good.

Let Chief Carlos see first hand where any wee wee tail ups are likely to come from.

Seeing them now gives him and the team the opportunity to see what needs ironing out. (no pun intended).

Better to be making balls ups now and getting it out of the system.

Roll on the 8th.

UTO