I hope Chansiri is on the phone next week to Warburton at Brentford.

The same Warburton who had no experience at this level prior to this season?

Wonder how many wrote him off and Brentford's chances off at the start of the season.

Someone remind me who the Norwich manager is again? Surely he's got loads of Championship experience?

Guest Brandy Pants

Banging on about experience like it as must. Give it a rest.

Just because you have no experience at this level doesn't mean you are going to be a failure.

And for those who think we will go up next season, have a word. Give it 2 or 3 years we are still building. Paul Cook would have been a great place to start.

Think the jobs too big for him mate.

So we shouldn't appoint people with Championship experience? 

Don't be daft.

Just pointing out that a lot of managers who have had success recently do not fit the mould of experienced, been there, done it, etc etc.

A calculated gamble is what is required and honestly think Cook would have been a great shout.

Good football, fantastic signings and good results.

Eddie Howe came from lower leagues, would you have been against him taking over?! Loads come from lower leagues and it seems we're always reluctant to take a chance.

Some of the signings he has made at Chesterfield have been terrific.

A lot from non League as well and has turned them into League One promotion chasers in less than a year.

Incredible stuff in my opinion. 

Guest JohnWest

Cook might well turn out to be  fantastic manager but we don't need to take a 'lets see' gamble anymore.

Cook might well turn out to be  fantastic manager but we don't need to take a 'lets see' gamble anymore.

When have we ever taken a lets see gamble?

Gray has been the closest thing to that. I'm sticking with Gray think he could be the answer long term if we gave him a couple more seasons. However I think Cook would be a better option and would get us looking more of a promotion chasing side.

Paul Cook is the kind of manager we'd hire ten years ago. It's a no from me. There's a reason he's going to Portsmouth.

Come on, one good season at Chesterfield and you want him here? Would be an insult to Stuart Gray.

Guest JohnWest

When have we ever taken a lets see gamble?

Gray has been the closest thing to that. I'm sticking with Gray think he could be the answer long term if we gave him a couple more seasons. However I think Cook would be a better option and would get us looking more of a promotion chasing side.

Eustace - Disaster.

Wilson - Disaster.

Turner - Very big disaster.

Just some.

Edited by JohnWest

Paul Cook is the kind of manager we'd hire ten years ago. It's a no from me. There's a reason he's going to Portsmouth.

Come on, one good season at Chesterfield and you want him here? Would be an insult to Stuart Gray.

Spot on.

Mods please deleted this thread.

Now i'm a big fan of Gray, but Paul Cook is one manager i'd happily see replace Stu.

Worked wonders with that Chesterfield side, they play good attacking football and reached the League One Play Offs straight off the back of promotion. I know how highly Chesterfield fans think of him- good young manager who I think could take us places. 

Rumours he is of to manage Portsmouth, but Chansiri, Pearson, Roeder and co act quickly and get this man in at Hillsborough before he goes onto bigger and better things.

I think that your post reflects your name Silly cinnamon. UTO

Brian laws, Chris turner were both lets see gambles from lower league clubs doing well and playing good attacking football

Care to explain what those two managers had to work with?

What was their budget like?

How much support did they have from the chairman?

Laws still did a great job under very testing circumstances.

Now we are in a good healthy position with a chairman ready to give it a go a good young manager like Cook would flourish here just like a number of good managers have done with the right backing and a decent playing squad.

It's alright though. Cook is useless, come back when he has finally guided a struggling Pompey out of League One and is then being met by offers left right and centre.

I hope people give a similar reaction when players like Joe Garner are mentioned as a potential signing.

I for one will be fuming if we sign Joe Garner. What the hell has he done in the Championship.

How dare we even think about taking a gamble on a striker who has scored almost 30 goals in the League below.

Care to explain what those two managers had to work with?

What was their budget like?

How much support did they have from the chairman?

Laws still did a great job under very testing circumstances.

Now we are in a good healthy position with a chairman ready to give it a go a good young manager like Cook would flourish here just like a number of good managers have done with the right backing and a decent playing squad.

It's alright though. Cook is useless, come back when he has finally guided a struggling Pompey out of League One and is then being met by offers left right and centre.

You asked when did we give managers like that a go and I gave you two examples. Why do you keep spitting your dummy out?

Paul Cook isn't useless, I've not suggested that. But he is in the similar mould to laws and the like. He could do a great job here but I just don't think that we need to make that change at the moment. If we did I'd rather it be for someone who has recently got teams into promotion or playoff positions at this level, because Stuart Gray has done a great job here under some restrictive circumstances just as the likes of laws did and cook has.

Guest Brandy Pants

I for one will be fuming if we sign Joe Garner. What the hell has he done in the Championship.

How dare we even think about taking a gamble on a striker who has scored almost 30 goals in the League below.

I agree.Akinfenwah as his strike partner and where sorted.