SG has worked wonders with what he's had. Let's see what he can do with what we hope will be a much better hand next season.

No need to be trigger-happy, let's enjoy the relative success of the season just ended, enjoy the build up to next season, and see just how well SG and the rest of the new management team and squad do.

Let's not call for sackings and clear outs after our first goal of the new season is conceded!

Not saying that Paul Cook won't become a good manager. 

But I'm not sure that doing a decent job at a few lower league clubs is enough for him to get the top job at S6. 

I know what you mean and no ones saying he'd definitely be a success.

Wouldn't you rather take a chance on this sort of manager than go for a footballing dinosaur like we normally do though?

You mean like gary megson

Guest JohnWest

Now i'm a big fan of Gray, but Paul Cook is one manager i'd happily see replace Stu.

Worked wonders with that Chesterfield side, they play good attacking football and reached the League One Play Offs straight off the back of promotion. I know how highly Chesterfield fans think of him- good young manager who I think could take us places. 

Rumours he is of to manage Portsmouth, but Chansiri, Pearson, Roeder and co act quickly and get this man in at Hillsborough before he goes onto bigger and better things.

Why? just why?

:laugh:

Ignorance at its best.

So we going to appoint a Dave Jones type who has been there and done it? 

Anyone actually bothered to look at what he's achieved at Chesterfield will realise he is one of the brightest up and coming managers in the game. They play good attacking football. Remind me who got Bourenmouth and Watford out of the Championship? Remind me who got MK Dons out of League One? This is the way forward a manager like Cook would have been a very clever appointment, very surprised he has gone to Portsmouth.

Seriously. Missed a trick here.

Getting rid of Gray for someone with no experience of this league wouldn't make much sense to me

Banging on about experience like it as must. Give it a rest.

Just because you have no experience at this level doesn't mean you are going to be a failure.

And for those who think we will go up next season, have a word. Give it 2 or 3 years we are still building. Paul Cook would have been a great place to start.

Guest Brandy Pants

I hope Chansiri is on the phone next week to Warburton at Brentford.

Its a toughie innit?.Do we stick with Gray and end up missing a trick with Warburton?.This guy will surely be snappedup by someone before nxt season.

Guest JohnWest

:laugh:

Ignorance at its best.

So we going to appoint a Dave Jones type who has been there and done it? 

Anyone actually bothered to look at what he's achieved at Chesterfield will realise he is one of the brightest up and coming managers in the game. They play good attacking football. Remind me who got Bourenmouth and Watford out of the Championship? Remind me who got MK Dons out of League One? This is the way forward a manager like Cook would have been a very clever appointment, very surprised he has gone to Portsmouth.

Seriously. Missed a trick here. 

Why didn't you mention the Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill?

Why didn't you mention the Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill?

Because he has experience at Championship level, wouldn't have been relevant to the point I made.

On a side note, you deserve to never be a manager again if you failed to get that Bristol City squad out of a terrible League One.

Banging on about experience like it as must. Give it a rest.

Just because you have no experience at this level doesn't mean you are going to be a failure.

And for those who think we will go up next season, have a word. Give it 2 or 3 years we are still building. Paul Cook would have been a great place to start.

It's a perfectly valid requirement under the circumstances. Promotion is expected.

Maybe if we had done poorly under Gray then perhaps I'd agree. But he's done enough to warrant a crack at the job. The only reason I'd make a change would be if there was a manager available who had teams promoted from this league recently. Or in the playoffs

Nothing against cook at all but there is no reason to get rid of Gray in favour of him at the moment. In my opinion anyway.

Edited by Bluesteel