On this day 35 years ago ! Curran Blunts Blades

Now this is how to silence your noisy neighbours ! 3 months after putting them to the sword at Hillsborough our Terry scored this amazing solo effort in front of 45,156 (must be last time they had a decent crowd!)  Where would we be without them, a constant source of joy.

tca_zpsbcea9025.jpg

Another fantastic day on the way to promotion. Another other memories ?

Another Gap they should have minded !

Table on 19th January 1980[/url]

19-1-1980table_zps4a444baa.jpg

Table on 5th April 1980

5th%20April%201980_zpshq4o9h0x.jpg

Edited by dunsbyowl

Guest Gazzaswfc

Was on united's kop remember the goal like it was yesterday Deffo in my top 5 Wednesday goals of all time TC legend

Saw game but at time was at Uni in London where a bunch of Liverpool Ipswich Forest fans etc fully expected it to be among the goals of the season - didn't get a mention. TC wasn't fazed. Interviewed in "Shoot" (all we had in them pre 4:4:2 days) he said "not only was it the best goal I've scored it is the best goal I've seen scored". What a character - he electrified games. "there's no stopping Wednrsday" wrote a reporter "so long as Jack Charlton is driving on his young guns and Curran thinks he's Kempes." TCs autobiography helps explain why he moved round so much - never one to over respect managers opinions. More Di Canio than Waddle but shared the same aura that meant you knew, on their day, Wednesday could beat anyone.

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

Saw game but at time was at Uni in London where a bunch of Liverpool Ipswich Forest fans etc fully expected it to be among the goals of the season - didn't get a mention. TC wasn't fazed. Interviewed in "Shoot" (all we had in them pre 4:4:2 days) he said "not only was it the best goal I've scored it is the best goal I've seen scored". What a character - he electrified games. "there's no stopping Wednrsday" wrote a reporter "so long as Jack Charlton is driving on his young guns and Curran thinks he's Kempes." TCs autobiography helps explain why he moved round so much - never one to over respect managers opinions. More Di Canio than Waddle but shared the same aura that meant you knew, on their day, Wednesday could beat anyone.

Had a Liverpool player of the day scored it, it would still be shown today to remind of their brilliance, as it is, never see it other than on here, remember being gobsmacked it didn't even make goal of the month.

There used to sprayed, in Red, on the wall of Bramall lane that read " Alex Sabella dances to Terry Curran's tune".

I was there that day, I think it was my sons 1st away game, when Grant threw the ball to Curran, I was screaming, " give it him back, give it him back you greedy t**t, Oh! great goal Terry". :blush: :blush:

Edited by adelphi1867

I was one of the several thousand Wednesdayites on the Shoreham that day and remember thinking what the hell's he playing at he's going nowhere.......YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I remember this game more than the BDM. It shouldnt be so but I do. I, too, was on their kop, on my own, in that corner near the old John Street Stand.  Only one in that bit not celebrating when McPhail scored. When Curran scored I involuntarily jumped up but excused myself by saying "Well, it was a good goal".  Stupid thing to say but I got away with it and got out alive.