Guest JohnFantham

Have you ever noticed that there are actors from all over the U.k on TV and film with strong accents but very rarely South Yorkshire ones. I also think South Yorkshire accents is slowly dying due to students and the foreign invasion, shame really.

Have you ever noticed that there are actors from all over the U.k on TV and film with strong accents but very rarely South Yorkshire ones. I also think South Yorkshire accents is slowly dying due to students and the foreign invasion, shame really.

It is a shame, I agree. S.Yorks, in particular Sheffield is a unique dialect with very old roots. I love hearing the old uns speak it fluently. It is real culture and real heritage. We shouldn't lose it. Glad there's people keeping it going.

Tha wents t' get thi sen ovver t' Taarn, coit, booits, lakin and allsorts gooin on. I don't say coit though I say coowat?

Is "Laiker" a Sheffield word, went to school in Sheffield and never heard the term used but the next door neighbour was from L***s and he used it often. To me in the 70's, Laiker was the man who owned the transatlantic airline Skytrain. lol

Sheffield accent is crap

That's about the first time you've posted a sentence in coherent English!

The immortal line heard before school assembly most mornings

Gorra gerrus imbuks!