Strikers for next season.

Do transfer fees affect FFP compliance? Thought they weren't part of the calculation? Don't claim to be an expert though. Obviously salary packages do.

Doubt we could afford the total package for either Kenwynne or Jordan though I wouldn't be against it.

Think we could afford 2.5-3M for a striker. Much beyond that I'd doubt it. Not if we also want to bring in wingers, midfielders etc.

Edit- also we've barely seen Bus kick a ball so a bit early to be saying he's not going to cut it. Would like to see a bit more of him before season end to get a better idea of where he's going to fit into the overall system. Then we can act more strategically around who comes in.

Edited by themaskedowl

Think all of those are within our range in the summer transfer window to be honest (except Rhodes)

But taking into account age,potential,price and how quickly would they fit into our squad? Think Deeney is the best bet, although would take a figure I imagine around the £2.5 million mark and can't imagine he'd want to leave Watford (unless they go up in which case will be in a Chris Wood like situation)

Watford turned down £10m for Deeney at the start of this season then gave him a much improved contract - and he was already on a wedge!

Don't think they'd be interested in doing a deal at £2.5m somehow...

the 1 thing what worries me is that the new signings all came in on 3.5 year contracts.if they turn out not good enough then it will cost us to move them on.

I think that's slightly less of a concern now (however, I do say that based on rumours and no hard data). Obviously it's not good to be "carrying" players who aren't playing or capable of making the first team but, that's somewhat the nature of the beast.

Guest Wednesday#1 fan

If you could bring in just one, who would you bring in?

Daryl Murphy would be good

I've had a look at a few figures and here's 5 worth a look....

Andy Williams Swindon

Jordan Rhodes Blackburn

Joe Garner Preston

Troy Deeney Watford

Kenwyne Jones Cardiff

Its based on actual goals scored rather than whether they're glamourous or not.

Guest Wednesday#1 fan

If you could bring in just one, who would you bring in?

Daryl Murphy would be good

I've had a look at a few figures and here's 5 worth a look....

Andy Williams Swindon

Jordan Rhodes Blackburn

Joe Garner Preston

Troy Deeney Watford

Kenwyne Jones Cardiff

Its based on actual goals scored rather than whether they're glamourous or not.

Britt assombolonga