Press conference

The whole concept of FFP and enforcing it baffles me.

It seems that a club like Forest can go out, assemble on expensive squad full over excellent attacking options over the summer and then when they do fall foul of FFP, they get a partial transfer embargo which doesn't really matter as they signed all their best players over the summer.

With regards to the losses Cardiff have recently recorded, how they can go ahead with a squad full of ex Premiership players, punishment free is something I'm really struggling to get my head around.

As I'd always suspected, the Football League are toothless when it comes to enforcing this, the only way any club will take this seriously is when they start deducting points.

While ever it stays as it is however, club owners will either use FFP as an excuse not to spend money while others find relatively straight forward ways to get around it.

Guest totemowl

Is it going to be on Wednesday World? as this is the sort of thing why people pay there money to get 1st showing.

I think I read somewhere that Sheffield Star are showing it live.

Although I'm not expecting to hear anything other than the new owners saying what a big club we are (stating the obvious), what great potential we have (again stating the obvious) and how they're goal is to get us to the Premier League... No doubt my F5 key will get some serious hammer tomorrow at 11am!!

as I said in another thread

For what it's worth I've got a feeling the new bloke is just taking a quick punt on us. He'll spend a few quid doing up the ground a few on players with the hope of getting us into the prem within the next 3 years or so. If that doesn't happen he'll sell us on.

For what it's worth I've got a feeling the new bloke is just taking a quick punt on us. He'll spend a few quid doing up the ground a few on players with the hope of getting us into the prem within the next 3 years or so. If that doesn't happen he'll sell us on.

He will be in it for about 60mil at that point i would have though, so if he sells he will do plenty of dosh in . 

The only way for him to be successful now is to get us to the Prem . 

Fasten your seatbelts 

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

I think there anything but a short term owner.

His family son was on the pitch sat again...

His family son?

So, his son?

And to be fair it's not worth anything. Just another entertaining, speculative thought.  

But it's interesting times.  Is tomorrow going to be a new dawn or an anti climax?

Everyone you talk to, has heard something, new scoreboards to a new ground.

Will be glued to the net tomorrow at eleven tho!

Edited by Holmes

True it isn't. The rumour that TUF are not involved might be worrying and the fact that nobody knows what he's worth. Bit of a parallel to the pound land prince at the minute. Hopefully things will be clearer in the morning

True it isn't. The rumour that TUF are not involved might be worrying and the fact that nobody knows what he's worth. Bit of a parallel to the pound land prince at the minute. Hopefully things will be clearer in the morning

I don't think there's any way TUF as a company would ever buy SWFC. Surely a business of that size has a responsibility to a lot of shareholders and it would make any transaction very complicated when you're essentially buying into something that will almost certainly lose you money.

Surely it's a lot less complicated for any wealthy individuals involved in TUF (ie members on the Chandiri family) to set up as a seperate entity to purchase the club?

Guest totemowl

Oh it's £1 now is it. Not the £30m which is oft quoted and which inspired MM to give him the club, lock, stock and barrel.

Looking forward to hopefully finding out the set up of this deal. We have been told all along its a consortium, yet only know about Mr Chansiri . Hopefully tomorrow there will be some flesh put on the bones ,and we will know how many others are involved and who they are ( unless of course they are going to be sleeping partners who remain in the background) . 

Im pretty sure there will be an announcement about the pitch and maybe plans for the stadium ( dont forget the new scoreboard Mr Tuna) and the training ground.  

Looking forward to 11am tomorrow.