February 18th 2012...Where It All Began...

That season really was perfect. When we both had 3 games to go and they were 4 points ahead of us, ched went to prison and they had MK Dons away, I knew deep down we could do it.

We just had that feel good factor of belief, whilst you could sense they were pooing it. Absolute best season ever.

It was a tall order but we were relaxed about it as the play offs held no fears for us.

As the results fell for us, the sheer joy of watching the confidence drain out of the blunts was something to savour.

The day arrived, 38K+ in real party mood. Our only worry, Freezing under the pressure, was dispelled in minutes, the team was well relaxed. On a stiff southerly breeze we could smell the tension drifting up from the West Country. Promotion on the day, Perfect lol

But as we know, the Blunts are the team who never stop giving, right up to the very last kick of the season. They didn't let us down lol  

Guest Deleted member

A great signing, made the difference and massively influenced the promotion push. Good business by whoever recruited him...

... gary megson

I have it on good authority that Antonio wasnt a Megson signing at all - he was targetted by Milan after his talks with Dave Jones over succeeding Megson after the United game.

Guest Deleted member

Fair enough. Care to share which 'good authority' this is?

My source is still in a senior role at the club and therefore it wouldn't be fair to say. Sorry