Maghoma

He's very average on a good day, let alone when he's off it. As is Maguire (I've never quite understood the love-in some have with him).

I guess they'll do for now while we are happy just floundering around in mid-table, but we'll need two new wingers as a matter of urgency if we're ever to get serious. Both too busy cutting inside and turning back on themselves, rarely play the simple ball, try to do much, and the next time one of them tries to whack one in from 40 yards I'm going on the pitch.

Edited by blueandwhitematt

Best left back at the club, best left midfielder at the club, yet he's not been picked for the first team...

He's the worst midfielder ever to insult a football pitch with his presence, Helan as a winger is just embarrassing 

As a defender he's perfectly capable because he doesn't have to play football too much and his pace becomes a weapon, he can also time a tackle to be fair to him,  but he will never be a winger

Guest wilyfox

It's clear Gray wants to develop Helan as a winger. Gonna take a long time though. The skills required do not come natural to him. We have to remember he's still only 22. Time on his side..

It's clear Gray wants to develop Helan as a winger. Gonna take a long time though. The skills required do not come natural to him. We have to remember he's still only 22. Time on his side..

Would involve a brain transplant to make him into a winger. I presume the time it will take will correspond with how long it takes the medical proffession to devlop the procedure?

Maghoma was v v poor but looked far better when he switched to the right. I know and for certain the opposition know when he plays on the left he cuts inside. Its easy to defend against as it is predictable. Same for mcguire on the right. But the rigidity they bring makes us hard to beat whilst at the same time making us unable to adapt to beat teams & score.

Someone said they would have him taking corners, on last nights performance, I wouldn't have him taking tickets on the turnstile!

Maghoma was far from brilliant last night, interestingly though he turned in the sort of performance that was often described as threatening and exciting when JJ did it.

It looked busy and impressive for a while, lacked any end product and he undid his own good work by missing a complete sitter before disappearing from the game, isn't that what makes the perfect Wednesday winger?

Guest SemedoISgod

Thought last night was one of his better games imo. He was involved in everything which we did well last night if we had to pick faults in our midfield I thought Baker was the let down for me. Game passed him by most of the time but when he did get involved he had a lot of confidence and looks good on the ball which gives me some belief in him

Maghoma was v v poor but looked far better when he switched to the right. I know and for certain the opposition know when he plays on the left he cuts inside. Its easy to defend against as it is predictable. Same for mcguire on the right. But the rigidity they bring makes us hard to beat whilst at the same time making us unable to adapt to beat teams & score.

Someone said they would have him taking corners, on last nights performance, I wouldn't have him taking tickets on the turnstile!

He was switched to the right because he wasn't providing cover for Mattock against Cotterill, that's why Helan was brought on.

Cotterill then switched to left when Helan got the better of him.