Sorry Stuart but you're deluded

Was that really Gray that said we dominated the game and that we were the only side that looked like winning? 

Whilst I'll agree we had the better of the chances in the first half it was Wolves that was asking the questions in the second, we backed off big time in that second, and a mixture of some woeful finishing by everyone today, some people around me were slagging May off as well, yes he missed some decent chances but at least he was getting into those positions to have a crack.

Nuhiu was simply awful, and i'm normally his biggest fan, but I say it how it is/was and today wasn't his day.

For me we missed Semedo today in the middle, easy to say in hindsight though.

Stuarts summery of the game was bizarre though.

Annoyed now because I've got to deal with a cocky Wolves fan at work now as well, not good.

Was that really Gray that said we dominated the game and that we were the only side that looked like winning? 

Whilst I'll agree we had the better of the chances in the first half it was Wolves that was asking the questions in the second, we backed off big time in that second, and a mixture of some woeful finishing by everyone today, some people around me were slagging May off as well, yes he missed some decent chances but at least he was getting into those positions to have a crack.

Nuhiu was simply awful, and i'm normally his biggest fan, but I say it how it is/was and today wasn't his day.

Annoyed now because I've got to deal with a cocky Wolves fan at work now as well, not good.

Don't worry Mark, today was just an off day for Nuhiu, he wiil return to his brilliant free scoring self next match.

I'd have took Lee off at half time. The game was crying out for Semedo, who would have held the middle together, and at the same time allowed McGugan to bomb on.

I thought Lee looked really lightweight, I know he made some decent balls but todays game defiantly needed a Semedo. 

Thought it was an even game myself.

We should have gone in at the break 1-0 up.

Wolves missed two absolute sitters - how they missed that 2nd one I'll never know.

Neither keeper was really worked.

I'd have took Nuhiu off for Semedo and let both Lee and McGugan push more forward.

I'd have done this as well

Guest Big Guns

If that had been a boxing match the towel would have gone in at half time IF we had converted the 4 clear cut chances

That's like saying the towel would have been thrown in if the boxer connected with any punches silly comment lol

These two posts sum up today perfectly for me...

I'd have took Lee off at half time. The game was crying out for Semedo, who would have held the middle together, and at the same time allowed McGugan to bomb on.

Our midfield looked so unbalanced, it was as it Jacket could see our weakness and exploited it second half. Lee and McGugan were pressing and they ran behind us leaving acres of open space on the counter.

For an hour, that was our best midfield performance of the season, by a distance.  Three of them were blowing out their backsides after an hour or so, and that's when Wolves started to find space.

All the midfield was a joy to watch for an hour.  Much better than the insipid, sit both centre midfielders on the centre backs toes approach we have employed most of the season.  Lee was pivoting wonderfully, McGugan was spraying the ball around quickly and accurately, Maguire was good on the ball, and Drenthe was one of the best players on the park.  They were defensively sound too, until they tired.

That midfield created more today than they have all season - our problem wasn't an unbalanced midfield, or missing Semedo, but our strikers not actually finishing off any of the abundance of good chances created for them.  And Gray not freshening it up when they got tired (understandable soon back from injury for McGugan and Lee) was the other issue.  If you think that midfield display was rubbish today, then you deserve the ultra-defensive guff we served up there earlier in the season.

If we had a proper centre forward at the club, the game would've been out of sight by half time. May missed a hatful of sitters with wildly inaccurate and underpowered scuffs. I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about with that kid?!

Mr Hirst said before the game that May is the sort of player that needs half a dozen clear cut chances per goal. We need better than that!

Credit to him for working hard and getting into the positions in the first place, to be fair though.

It's a shame that Nuhiu isn't a bit more spritely. He's scored the same number of goals as Stevie from far fewer chances, so maybe he's actually the more clinical of the two? What a sorry state of affairs! He was awful today! I usually defend him because I think he's better than most make out. He usually contributes to the team with hard work, holding the ball up, flick ons, and the odd flash of skill; but the only good thing he did today (quick feet and turn around the halfway line just after half time) was immediately followed up by a cross field pass that couldn't've been worse!

Wolves were bigger, stronger, faster, better, in all areas of the pitch in the second half. It was as if they had 12 men and we had 10. There was so much space for them to play, while we never got more than a touch before a Wolves shirt was within a foot of the ball (possibly exaggerating there, but you know what I mean). It almost looked like our boys had all given everything in the first half and had run out of legs. Maybe the game plan was to give it a go early on and aim to go into halftime a couple im front. It failed!

Guest Big Guns

Some numpty also said this on P&G.

What do people see in matches? to come out with this poo pooe.

lol surely it couldn't have been the same person cud it

I don't normally see eye to eye with you but today I do.