Striker

Not just the strikers, we don't shoot nearly enough as a team.

Only players often willing to take a crack are Mcgugan and Maguire.

Our midfield barely contributes with goals at all. And the defenders contributions from set pieces is now non-existant.

So really all the pressure is on the strikers to score. Nuhiu's totally forgotten how to find the net so it's all down to May. Tough ask of a 21 yr old still new to the club/city isn't it.

Think of the bigger picture next time slagging May off. He's still working his balls off. He needs help up there, and Nuhiu needs dropping. Give Lavery a chance.

Not just the strikers, we don't shoot nearly enough as a team.

Only players often willing to take a crack are Mcgugan and Maguire.

Our midfield barely contributes with goals at all. And the defenders contributions from set pieces is now non-existant.

So really all the pressure is on the strikers to score. Nuhiu's totally forgotten how to find the net so it's all down to May. Tough ask of a 21 yr old still new to the club/city isn't it.

Think of the bigger picture next time slagging May off. He's still working his balls off. He needs help up there, and Nuhiu needs dropping. Give Lavery a chance.

Well yes, that's all we can do, but it's honestly a bit like rearranging the deck chairs. We need strikers who can do the business now, and hopefully our existing strikers will learn off them

Don't disagree there. Relying on a 21 yr old for goals who's still new to the club is ridiculous.

Imagine being in May's shoes, the focus is solely on you to score goals now at a club miles bigger than super Js. That would be tough for any young lad, can also make you try too hard at times. 

We can't criticise May if things go poorly over Xmas, that will only make him lose confidence. He should another striker to lessen the burden on him. It's time to give Lavery a chance up there alongside him to show what he can do (providing he's fit enough).

Leon Clarke as a very useful goals per games ratio. Such a striker with this ratio is lacking in our ranks. When we bring a loan in - this kind of ratio needs adding or we might as well not bother. So bring a striker in with a good goals per games ratio and to be of Championship standard. If only options are GTF types with poor ratios, then bring Madine back. Drenthe and McGugan should supply service to whoever is up there. Lavery coming back from injury and is work in progress. Other two try enough but are finding it tough at this level. May is still young and shows there is a step up from Scotland to the Championsip. We can say he's getting chances. Get Hirsty in to work on his finishing. Composure needed......

Leon Clarke as a very useful goals per games ratio. Such a striker with this ratio is lacking in our ranks. When we bring a loan in - this kind of ratio needs adding or we might as well not bother. So bring a striker in with a good goals per games ratio and to be of Championship standard. If only options are GTF types with poor ratios, then bring Madine back. Drenthe and McGugan should supply service to whoever is up there. Lavery coming back from injury and is work in progress. Other two try enough but are finding it tough at this level. May is still young and shows there is a step up from Scotland to the Championsip. We can say he's getting chances. Get Hirsty in to work on his finishing. Composure needed......

I'd hope for better than big Leon, but yes he's what we don't have.

Guest tha_knows

One striker I wouldn't mind seeing us go for is Sam Vokes at Burnley, he's due back from injury soon and I'm sure husky throat Dyche will be wanting him out on loan to get up to match fitness.

You would hope that the manager would learn from all the rejections. Although the window is closed, we need to have lined up at least one striker that we can bring in as soon as the window re opens. Might also be a good idea to check if the player wants to come first.

One striker I wouldn't mind seeing us go for is Sam Vokes at Burnley, he's due back from injury soon and I'm sure husky throat Dyche will be wanting him out on loan to get up to match fitness.

Good shout. Not sure they'd let him go in their position but definately worth asking. Can bang the goals in at this level.

Would only be a short-term loan at best though. I guess we want someone at least with the possibility of keeping the rest of the season.

Guest tha_knows

Good shout. Not sure they'd let him go in their position but definately worth asking. Can bang the goals in at this level.

Would only be a short-term loan at best though. I guess we want someone at least with the possibility of keeping the rest of the season.

Was going to add it would be probably be only short term. We seem to have a habit of gettin other clubs players upto fitness then letting them go back.