Offside.

Why is this thread focusing on the recipient of the ball? The goal scorer is clearly miles off side. Twice!

(He was the furthest forward when the second ball was passed too!)

Can't believe how many people don't understand offside!

Ighalo WAS NOT ACTIVE under FIFA interpretation - Vydra being the active player by default made Ighalo inactive

Those are the rules

Vydra probably was offside but it wasn't given - Ighalo was the active player

Personally I more fuming at the offside once the Watford player was in the box - Watford dude who got through on goal and passes it FORWARD to the guy that scored = OFFSIDE

STILL fuming

I haven't seen the goal - but a forward pass alone doesn't make the receiving player offside (taking that they are beyond the last defenders) - depends on their relative positions at the time of the pass

Personally I more fuming at the offside once the Watford player was in the box - Watford dude who got through on goal and passes it FORWARD to the guy that scored = OFFSIDE

STILL fuming

He was behind the passer.

It wasnt offside. In that picture the ball has left his foot.

Take it back a frame on contact with the ball he was onside, timed his run to perfection.

I love the way that there is always one on here that will argue the opposite. I never get why so called Wednesday fans will always see the opposite of everyone else. That is offside. Clear offside even if you take it back a frame

Ighalo WAS NOT ACTIVE under FIFA interpretation - Vydra being the active player by default made Ighalo inactive

Those are the rules

No. Incorrect. There isn't necessarily just one active player on each side at one time, it's not like playing FIFA on the Xbox! Read the rules posted earlier.

STILL fuming

According to the FIFA official guidelines, the player is not offside if he is behind the ball when it's played. Regardless of what direction the ball goes in. I did think the same as you, but that's not the case.

No. Incorrect. There isn't necessarily just one active player on each side at one time, it's not like playing FIFA on the Xbox! Read the rules posted earlier.

According to the FIFA official guidelines, the player is not offside if he is behind the ball when it's played. Regardless of what direction the ball goes in. I did think the same as you, but that's not the case.

Your second point and lack of knowledge of a very basic aspect of offside says everything

This isn't xbox!

As for your first point - read slide 14 of the FIFA offside ruling

Those are the rules

Absolute nonsense!

Firstly, he clearly was active. He may not have received the ball at that point, but (a) he affected the positioning of our defenders, and (b) he ran forward as Vydra received the ball, making himself available to receive it immediately.

Secondly, he was passed to and scored, in the exact same passage of play. How can that possibly not constitue an active role? I'll have to wait until I see the replays; but I'm not sure he even went back onside inbetween the picture and the second pass, for which he was clearly offside AGAIN!

Absolute nonsense!

Firstly, he clearly was active. He may not have received the ball at that point, but (a) he affected the positioning of our defenders, and (b) he ran forward as Vydra received the ball, making himself available to receive it immediately.

Secondly, he was passed to and scored, in the exact same passage of play. How can that possibly not constitue an active role? I'll have to wait until I see the replays; but I'm not sure he even went back onside inbetween the picture and the second pass, for which he was clearly offside AGAIN!

Okay

You don't understand the offside rule

I get it

No point in arguing further