Nuhiu in midfield

Yeah he's a handful not a good player.

He's not as bad as you make out. He's got more ability than given credit for but the physical nature of England has made it necessary to become a handful.

It works though. If it's effective and helps a team then who cares. Centre forwards are meant to be a handful

Edited by Bluesteel

Nuhiu is a great player and I reckon he's more effective a bit further back and not the focal point in attack.   I'm not saying central midfield so much as just behind the No9 I suppose.

People see his height and think he's great in the air and is a big strong powerful striker, when in reality he's better with the ball at his feet and could stand to lose a bit of weight.

It's alright people slating other fans for saying play so and so in another position, but every so often it's true.   I don't see Palmer as a central midfielder now after a few relatively poor performances, he is a fullback.   Spurr will always now be a leftback.   Every so often you get a player who is coached and told "this is your position" and sometimes a change works wonders.

I can't think of a single logical reason why you would move a 6ft 5 target man with limited technical ability into the centre of midfield. It's bizarre. Did it work on football manager or summat?

He is no target man.   His game probably suffers because of his height, he's a good footballer on the floor, he's average in the air at best, and that is even giving the fact he'll nod the odd one in, by law of percentages.

We don't have a better option up front then Nuhiu and May right now, so it's a pointless discussion really.  

A lot of the time our forwards are doing an awful lot of defensive work.   If we had a bit more quality in midfield they could concentrate on their primary job a bit more.

Could Nuhiu be more effective playing in a different position?

His work rate is that of a box to box midfielder, but does he have the skills to be our new Carlton Palmer?

I live in Australia so I can only comment at what I have seen on TV and he seems to have some decent footwork, but can he pick a pass?

Answers on a postcard please from those who are in a more fortunate and geographically friendly position to see more of him than I can.

It would be like entering the next Grand Prix in a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. Edited by Rogers

Most stupid article ever. He's doing so well at the moment even tho SGs tactics the other night worked against him. Top scorer creates problems other managers love him defenders hate him gives his all, need I go on ?

Then again if Palmer can get 90 mins in midfield there is hope for us all !