How many fans did reading bring?

Guest tha_knows

I used to be mates with a Wednesday fan who switched allegiance to Reading when they reached the Premier League. This was a lad from Donny who had no connection whatsoever to Reading as a town or club and who had supported Wednesday for the first 21 years of his life! Needless to say, we're no longer in touch.

Just a general odd ball then

Guest tha_knows

That's the thing though: there were no warning signs of his impending madness. It's like he woke up one morning and decided Reading were the future!

Hahaha very odd that to be fair! Mind you it's just as bad as a lad I went to primary and secondary school with, supported Wednesday all through school, even saw him at the games on a few occasions. Turned 16 and decided to support the tramps of Bumhole Stain! Drove past once an he had blunts top on, needless to say I gave him my opinion on his decision to become one of them.

Hahaha very odd that to be fair! Mind you it's just as bad as a lad I went to primary and secondary school with, supported Wednesday all through school, even saw him at the games on a few occasions. Turned 16 and decided to support the tramps of Bumhole Stain! Drove past once an he had blunts top on, needless to say I gave him my opinion on his decision to become one of them.

Actually, I think defecting to the dark side of the city is even worse than choosing a nondescript middle-of-the-road club to support instead; you'd have to actively disown everything you'd believed in up to that point (in a footballing context, of course). For example, I was playing five-a-side the other night and accidentally packed a spare pair of shorts instead of a t-shirt (stupid, I know!). The only spare top on offer was a Notts County shirt, so I wore it. If it had been a Blades shirt, I'd have played in skins in an Arctic blizzard before putting it on.

1966 ... we beat 'em  2 - 3  in the second round of the FA Cup (our first round) the year we got to Wembley

....... all of the rest were away games icluding the semi and Wembley.

Some say it was the hardest game we had in that cup run before losing to Everton.

The ground was like a regular rec. then.

I used to be mates with a Wednesday fan who switched allegiance to Reading when they reached the Premier League. This was a lad from Donny who had no connection whatsoever to Reading as a town or club and who had supported Wednesday for the first 21 years of his life! Needless to say, we're no longer in touch.

Pathetic. He deserves a strong backhand.

To be fair, when you're travelling as far as Reading, the match ticket makes up less of a proportion of the total cost of the day. So a tenner a ticket isn't going to encourage that many more people.

That said, I know some people get touchy about us using this word but they are tinpot