Hillsborough vs the arm chair

First game of the season. I know it's on Sky but always planned to be up for this match. Live in London, so train up Friday, few beers and maybe a Chinese take-away ..... Living high, great days

Then to the Barrack Tavern for a few more before the game, Wednesday win, few more beers and then train back to London - probably sat amongst a crowd of disheartened Forest fans ....... There there.

Practicing the "I know it hurts and I understand" face .......

;-/

Not having a pop mate, work comes first everytime.  However, I've got a mate who works in the Hallamshre and has a season ticket and gets to about 90% of away games.  He seems able to get them to arrange his shifts around our fixtures.  No idea how he manages to pull it off.

Not possible for me, I am on a fixed shift pattern, I would know when I would be in work in 100 years time, if I was still there, no flexibility, would cause too much disruption for the following shift, we cover 24/7 never close, I will be in Christmas day again this year.

can't afford sky . neither of us drink can't afford transport costs maybe could afford a ticket but that's it , sorry ,

also internet is on the lowest tarrif possible,i'e a tenner a month payg ,

Edited by trevdi9

If I didn't work some saturdays I could go home and away every match like I used to.

But my family would be holidaying in cleethorpes and we'd be living in Rotherham and driving a 3 wheeler.

Sometimes you have to watch the pennies if you arent loaded or living at your parents.

I'd forgotten it was on sky tbh, so I'm considering using the 31 quid saved and spending 15 on a ticket for the burnley game and the remaining 16 in petrol.

Finances are tight for me in the 6 week hols but football keeps me from going insane so I try to go as much as possible.

I'd forgotten it was on sky tbh, so I'm considering using the 31 quid saved and spending 15 on a ticket for the burnley game and the remaining 16 in petrol.

Finances are tight for me in the 6 week hols but football keeps me from going insane so I try to go as much as possible.

On a side note has anyone taken younger ones to away games before? I was thinking about taking my brother who's a season ticket holder to his first away game and prices as they are Burnley may well be it.

Should I envisage any problems? Ie being able to see the game for example due to standing and stuff.