Hillsborough vs the arm chair

Find it hard to believe that genuine Wednesday fans (who live within reasonable travelling distance) would prefer to sit at home and watch a game at Hillsborough, on TV, rather than at the ground. Until such time as I'm too old and infirm to attend games, I'll never miss a home game in favour of watching it on TV.

Matter of finance for some though Jack

I'm not too sure about the finance argument. I don't know how much a subscription to Sky costs each month, but is it a lot less than the cost of the game at Hillsborough? My next door neighbour can't afford to go to the games, but he has every Wednesday shirt it's possible to own (I can't afford to spend forty quid on a shirt), has a Sky

subscription, and will sup at least seven or eight pints of Fosters while he watches the game on TV. When I

home from the game, he'll tell me he couldn't afford to go, and then wonder why I wont talk about the game with

him.

I'm not too sure about the finance argument. I don't know how much a subscription to Sky costs each month, but is it a lot less than the cost of the game at Hillsborough? My next door neighbour can't afford to go to the games, but he has every Wednesday shirt it's possible to own (I can't afford to spend forty quid on a shirt), has a Sky

subscription, and will sup at least seven or eight pints of Fosters while he watches the game on TV. When I

home from the game, he'll tell me he couldn't afford to go, and then wonder why I wont talk about the game with

him.

Ive got a son with 2 kids who could not afford a season ticket this year and has to pick his games...he's going to the Forest game and has done overtime to ante up...he'll miss a few this year, but he's as big an Owls fan as anyone..

If i could afford to pay for him I would...I can't....guess in your book it makes him as "Genuine" as yer beer guzzlin' neighbour..?

Changing work patterns from a traditional Mon-Fri to a 5 in 7 pattern which basically means that both Sat and Sun can now be classed as working days by a lot of the Major Employers which in turn means that people like myself who like to go to S6 every Sat fortnight cannot get to the games if they are told that they have to work weekends as part of the working week.

Edited by parkfieldowl14

Oh how I wish I could be there, unfortunately, working for the NHS, and having to work lots of weekends means that I will be stuck behind my desk, can't even get a radio link.

I just checked my work schedule for September, I can't make any games, I will look at October's workload latter.

I am off to the USA for most of November, so roll on December.

It does annoy me when I get accused of being an armchair supporter, in the past, I never missed a home match along with most away games.

Unfortunately, my work pays for my, and my families life, I get paid very well for the long hours.

I can retire in two years and I will be there every game, I will get a season ticket.

Until then, I will attend every game possible

Wtid

Changing work patterns from a traditional Mon-Fri to a 5 in 7 pattern which basically means that both Sat and Sun can now be classed as working days by a lot of the Major Employers which in turn means that people like myself who like to go to S6 every Sat fortnight cannot get to the games if they are told that they have to work weekends as part of the working week.

^^^^^This^^^^^

Oh how I wish I could be there, unfortunately, working for the NHS, and having to work lots of weekends means that I will be stuck behind my desk, can't even get a radio link.

I just checked my work schedule for September, I can't make any games, I will look at October's workload latter.

I am off to the USA for most of November, so roll on December.

It does annoy me when I get accused of being an armchair supporter, in the past, I never missed a home match along with most away games.

Unfortunately, my work pays for my, and my families life, I get paid very well for the long hours.

I can retire in two years and I will be there every game, I will get a season ticket.

Until then, I will attend every game possible

Wtid

Not having a pop mate, work comes first everytime.  However, I've got a mate who works in the Hallamshre and has a season ticket and gets to about 90% of away games.  He seems able to get them to arrange his shifts around our fixtures.  No idea how he manages to pull it off.