'This years surprise package'

'Sheff Wed have had a strong start to the season but IMO they are a poor team and will finish near the bottom of the table.

I think this will be a ruthless performance from us today and we will win with ease.

Boro 4-0 Sheff Wed'
**** x2, Nsue, Tomlin.

lol

"This was a side who beat Brighton on the same day they got Stevie May an unknown quantity in this division... we were turned over by them I trust that Karanka can see the obvious weakness in our squad and can still do something about it. Personally I think Shef Wed could surprise a few this season based on today and their last few"

"Whilst I agree we weren't at our best today lets give Sheffield Wednesday some credit... they pressed us very well and gave us little time on the ball... they also kept possession extremely well... a very professional team performance and everything we weren't... thought Stevie May was brilliant for them too... unbeaten in all competitions so far and wouldn't be surprised to see them challenge this season... credit to their fans too who were almost as loud as the travelling Boro army"

"I completely agree. They knew what we were all about from the word go and played a very well fought disciplined game. Credit to them for a great performance. They used their height and strength well and reduced us to a terrible long ball game. They look like a good side and their fans made a fab atmosphere."

Guest JonTheOwl66

Burnley were in the group of pre season relegation candidates last season so why not Wednesday this season.

There's no pressure and I'm sure like with Burnley, many fans will be saying Wednesdays good form it won't last.

I've said this before but I'd sooner us stay down, and challenge consistently for promotion while building a team capable of staying up in the Premier League.

No point going up just to come straight back down.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Parachute payments arguably would be the only thing for me. I don't want us to just go up and get trounced then finish bottom.

Sooner see us competitive, even if it takes longer.

Parachute payments arguably would be the only thing for me. I don't want us to just go up and get trounced then finish bottom.

Sooner see us competitive, even if it takes longer.

It would be painful but so long as we didn't blow the mega money on offer then we could use the parachute money to strengthen rather than just plug the cash hemorrhaging like many clubs do.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest conisbrough

I've said this before but I'd sooner us stay down, and challenge consistently for promotion while building a team capable of staying up in the Premier League.

No point going up just to come straight back down.

I would have agreed with that a few years ago but parachute payments are so great nowadays it means if money is used wisely it should mean you are at significant advantage over other teams. Those teams who have come down this year have poor/unproven chairman/managers at his level. If we retained our structure you would think well placed to bounce back if relegated. Personally think we would attract good quality investor if promoted and avoid relegation.

Guest JonTheOwl66

It would be painful but so long as we didn't blow the mega money on offer then we could use the parachute money to strengthen rather than just plug the cash hemorrhaging like many clubs do.

You see so many examples of clubs just being permanently damaged after being relegated from the Premier League.

Guest Sheff Owl

I would sooner us just keep under the radar. Let us plod along quietly, picking up results and lets see what happens.

Saying that tho it would be nice if teams started to worry bout us for once, in the past we have always worried about how teams will play and how to stop them etc.

If we retained our structure you would think well placed to bounce back if relegated.

This is what west brom did so successfully. Happy to yo yo if it helps us build longer term for staying up.

Personally i think our squad is too thin to keep this up, but its nice to be in position for this to start to be a reality

You see so many examples of clubs just being permanently damaged after being relegated from the Premier League.

True but that's football's version of Everest 'Summit fever' where common sense and experience is discarded in the lust for the holy grail. It needn't nay shouldn't happen. The premiership money is a game changer that shouldn't be spurned nor wasted.

Edited by Dagmeister

if you go up like say burnley have and dont spend bugger all like burnley have then when you come back down with 60 million in the bank and that puts you in a pretty good position to build from there .....