Antonio Money...

Guest BirdonaMaguire

It's easy to ask Milan to fund signings isn't it, the Wednesday faithful love doing that, our first home league game of the season attracted just over 21k home fans, think that was pretty poor IMHO.

It's easy to ask Milan to fund signings isn't it, the Wednesday faithful love doing that, our first home league game of the season attracted just over 21k home fans, think that was pretty poor IMHO.

Or maybe it was only 21,000 (not bad anyway) because of that lack of investment. By that token, surely last seasons crowds demanded a far higher investment

Not forgetting payments to May and Antonio, we probably don't have that much left. Therefore it would make sense to use it for a loan fee for a player otherwise outside of our reach.

Antonio wanted to go so I'm not sure he's entitled to anything.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Or maybe it was only 21,000 (not bad anyway) because of that lack of investment. By that token, surely last seasons crowds demanded a far higher investment

To be honest I go to watch Sheffield Wednesday FC regardless of the investment made, if i'd used that as a gauge to follow the club i'd have probably packed in back in 2000/01 when we were signing the delights of Aaron Lescott, Steve Harkness and relying on a pretyt poor youth set up.

21k was under par for this club, imagine if we managed to have a decent run "without investment", I'd suspect the stay aways would flock back, ala Wycombe.

To be honest I go to watch Sheffield Wednesday FC regardless of the investment made, if i'd used that as a gauge to follow the club i'd have probably packed in back in 2000/01 when we were signing the delights of Aaron Lescott, Steve Harkness and relying on a pretyt poor youth set up.

21k was under par for this club, imagine if we managed to have a decent run "without investment", I'd suspect the stay aways would flock back, ala Wycombe.

We had reasonable investment in division one

Guest BirdonaMaguire

We had reasonable investment in division one

And most, if not all of those "reasonable investments" aren't at the club anymore cos they weren't good enough.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

And maybe we could fluke it this season like Burnley, doubtful but who knows. Your constant moaning about MM and the squad gets tiresome.

You've calculated c£500k left to spend and want us to sign 2 first team players on a permanent basis?

Bet if we signed someone for £250k you'd say they weren't good enough.

...yeah, and I want to be disappointed sooner. Bloody hurry up and fail to meet my unrealistic expectations!

Guest aj_owl

When we sold Antonio our very own spin doctor was on saying we would have the 2 or 3 players Stuart needed and one of the reasons behind the sale was to give us flexibility. Listening to Gray now he seems like a man hoping rather than expecting to sign someone.

Now we are now waiting to see who we can get on loan which I am assuming means that the money for transfer fees has gone.

So based on the £1.5m sale minus say 20% of the PRRRROFFFIT to Reading..means we probably came out with £1.35m ..minus the 800k for May leaves us 550k......

Would anyone like to explain why Gray suddenly finds himself fumbling in the loan bins when if our very own Shane Warne was to be believed we would provide Stuart with the funds needed.

Or is it more likely that a bit like McSue at the lane the wool is being pulled and the 500k will cover the operating defecit.

I think if Gray had full access to the funds we would be at least one player stronger as we stand today.

Gray is doing a fantastic job keeping the players focussed but 3 injuries and we are playing 17yr old on the bench...

We've signed Shane Warne?

Must be going back to the cricket club.

Edited by aj_owl

Milan owns the club, he's entitled to do whatever he likes with it.

I don't believe half of what he says, and avoiding relegation will be what he considers as job done - and it will be the case until he sells the club, any higher finish is a bonus.

However, I do trust him to do what is best for the club. If that means using any excess Antonio money to cover any losses this season, then so be it.