Weirdest wildlife-based incident?

Guest sotonowl

It wasn't at a Wednesday game but Grandad reckons he was at Wembley one time and a copper turned up on a white horse

attachicon.gif4f113650-03cb-11e4-8757-0755b5e321f4_James-Rodriguez.jpg

After seeing the photo of James Rodriguez being accosted by a bloody huge grasshopper last night, it got me wondering...what's the weirdest wildlife-based incident ever seen at a Wednesday game?

The suicidal duck who dive-bombed the stand at a pre-season friendly a few years ago gets my vote.

Did you see it fly off? I thought it was a bird it was that big, unreal.

I rescued a bird today, at 1600 hours I phoned the RSPCA because of a bird had broken its leg, I was at the pub with my missus and mates and kids. At 1605 I put in a box as requested by the RSPCA. At 1900 hours after no collection by RPSCA the daring duck decided to escape from the box with a broken leg and wing. 3 hours after original call, I was too intoxicated to catch the little fucka. It hopped off into the bushes. At 1915 hours a cute 20 year old or so bird from RSPCA turns up asking for the said bird. I say that the said bird had un-workable off back into the bushes. The 20 year old bird says I made it up. I shows the 20 year old bird the bird poo poo that the broken legged bird had poo poo in the box. I told her where the bird had gone. The RSPCA bird went into the bushes and couldn't find this broken legged bird. The bird told me to phone again if the broken legged bird came back. 5 minutes late the broken legged bird is sat on top of a car in the same pub car park. I couldn't be arsed to phone the RSPCA again. 2 minutes late the owner of the car didn't see the bird on the car and drove off with the bird still sat on top of the car.

This is a true story today. The moral of the story is 1 of a few things:

1) Don't trust a broken legged bird

2) Don't trust the RSPC

3) Don't trust any bird at all

4) Trust the broken legged bird until it is put in a box and when the crucial time comes will make you look a fool.

5) Don't feed the broken legged bird to give it enough energy to roger off just before the fit bird from RSPCA arrives, therefore making you look a right pisshead when at first you phoned it through after half a pint and sober.

Edited by WayneTheOwl

I rescued a bird today, at 1600 hours I phoned the RSPCA because of a bird had broken its leg, I was at the pub with my missus and mates and kids. At 1605 I put in a box as requested by the RSPCA. At 1900 hours after no collection by RPSCA the daring duck decided to escape from the box with a broken leg and wing. 3 hours after original call, I was too intoxicated to catch the little fucka. It hopped off into the bushes. At 1915 hours a cute 20 year old or so bird from RSPCA turns up asking for the said bird. I say that the said bird had un-workable off back into the bushes. The 20 year old bird says I made it up. I shows the 20 year old bird the bird poo poo that the broken legged bird had poo poo in the box. I told her where the bird had gone. The RSPCA bird went into the bushes and couldn't find this broken legged bird. The bird told me to phone again if the broken legged bird came back. 5 minutes late the broken legged bird is sat on top of a car in the same pub car park. I couldn't be arsed to phone the RSPCA again. 2 minutes late the owner of the car didn't see the bird on the car and drove off with the bird still sat on top of the car.

2) Don't trust the RSPC

4) Trust the broken legged bird until it is put in a box and when the crucial time comes will make you look a fool.

5) Don't feed the broken legged bird to give it enough energy to roger off just before the fit bird from RSPCA arrives, therefore making you look a right pisshead when at first you phoned it through after half a pint and sober.

lol

Guest ka58

2) Don't trust the RSPC

This is easily the best post I have ever read on owlstalk.