Trains to Wadsley Bridge

Guest manc owl

A painting of the train Sheffield Wednesday emerging from the Woodhead Tunnel

train_zps842229d5.jpg I really like this. I don't suppose you know where prints can be bought from, if even possible?

It was a wonderful station .Perfectly situated for an ambush by the Gate lads on the way down

I can remember when we played Rotherham in early 80s and living in Rotherham they were telling us for days before game that they were bringing hundreds of there top boys and all us at Gate and Travs were in for a good kicking.

When train pulled in on big day about 50 got off and all Wednesday fans were laughing at them as they walked past us outside Gate.

train_zps842229d5.jpg I really like this. I don't suppose you know where prints can be bought from, if even possible?

It was actually off a 1st day Cover - never seen it anywhere else ;-(

yeah cus the line was shut after the stocksbridge steelworks so it wasnt possible for trains to come thr other way

true, i lived 100yds from Oughtibridge station (it was a builders yard then) for almost 2 years, 1972 to 74 ish, line was for goods only, as kids we used to play in the disused signal box just up the line

Edited by scarboro-owl

train_zps842229d5.jpg

It was actually off a 1st day Cover - never seen it anywhere else ;-(

I got the same picture on a postcard when I bought the Hornby model locomotive, same with Darlington and Grimsby

I got the same picture on a postcard when I bought the Hornby model locomotive, same with Darlington and Grimsby

I'm trying to persuade Dapol to do this in N Guage but they say they can't due to copyright so I wrote to the club about it never got a response.

yeah cus the line was shut after the stocksbridge steelworks so it wasnt possible for trains to come thr other way

I was referring to the time before closure, when Woodhead tunnel was still in use for goods trains. Football specials could have, but probably didn't, come to Wadsley Bridge via Wortley.

Ah the 80's when the away fans got off the train at Wadsley Bridge and we went past on the 80 bus enquiring if they wanted a Nescafe. Can't remember home fans ever using the station in that era

all the pubs on wadsley bridge boarded their windows up on certain match days when the station was open

I can see the station and part of the line reopening (for passengers). Up to Stocksbridge, something like that.

There's a group campaigning for the re-opening of the line to passengers upto Stocksbridge - called the Don Valley line.

The Wadsley Bridge sign is outside a funeral home next door to the station.

There's a group campaigning for the re-opening of the line to passengers upto Stocksbridge - called the Don Valley line.

The Wadsley Bridge sign is outside a funeral home next door to the station.

i live opposite Kilner Way and i've seen a full passenger train going over Wadsley Bridge towards Stocksbridge recently Edited by dan140177

I'm trying to persuade Dapol to do this in N Guage but they say they can't due to copyright so I wrote to the club about it never got a response.

Good luck with that Utah, OO gauge is my thing. Amongst my collection I have most of the B17 Football teams(just a few shy) but osf course 61661 takes pride of place

Guest JohnFantham

I live very close to Oughtibrige Station and the old ticket office. The station fell derelict a few years ago but builders did it up and sold it on. The building opposite is the old pub which is just a big house now on Station Lane.The Train comes now and then which I believe from Aldwarke in Rotherham to Stocksbridge park steels.