Madine Loaned to Carlise

when you say Great are you on about when he was league 1 striker? as when in championship he was anything but great. He was lazy and couldnt be arsed on the whole. People say Jones didnt give him a chance I would say its more like Jones saw he was lazy and not good enough for Championship!

Yeah like Jones saw Maguire wasn't good enough either - jones was a fool

Some pretty stupid comments on this thread.

Great young striker in League One, struggles to adapt in Championship as many players did and still do, gets himself in bother and is rightfully punished, comes out of prison and goes on loan to sharpen fitness.

We should wish him well and hope this benefits our club one way or another. The kids got an eye for a goal and still has potential...

Totally agree. He did no worse or better last season than a number of players who have been hero worshipped this season (lee, semedo,maguire, Palmer etc)

If at the end of next season he's been given a chance and failed then he won't get a new contract.

It's wrong to tar him with the "not good enough" brush until he's had another chance.

Edited by ka58

If we want to progress we may as well forget about Madine, unless its simply as a squad player..

Lavery is a better prospect..Nuhiu is a similar player but without the baggage..Best is probably better.

If Wednesday don't leave players like Madine behind next season, we ain't going to get any better next season

Totally different kinds of prospects.

Madine has a big future in the game if he knuckles down.   Ok, probably the wrong term to use - knuckles, but you know what I mean.

Him and Lavery both on form together would be a nice prospect.

To compare premier players from when we was in the premiership to a club that since dropped to league one yo yo and now is Championship is harsh.

Especially the way the game has gone last few years.Helan is the best prospect we have imo.

Palmer, Lavery far better prospects, add Lee to that and you have three players who will be premier league players without a shadow of a doubt in the next 3 or 4 years.    Helan's best chance of getting to the Premier is with us only.    Still a good prospect, but not our best.

Palmer, Lavery far better prospects, add Lee to that and you have three players who will be premier league players without a shadow of a doubt in the next 3 or 4 years.    Helan's best chance of getting to the Premier is with us only.    Still a good prospect, but not our best.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.I disagree with most your opinions tbh..

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Don't care what anyone says

Good luck to gaz and hope he comes back and starts with a bang next year

Hope he gets some goals and minutes under belt

Gary madine goal machine

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Bit disappointed he won't get a chance for us this season.  Hope he bangs them in and comes back refreshed next season.  We will need him when Lavery goes off the boil!  lol

Guest intercity0wl

Bit disappointed he won't get a chance for us this season.  Hope he bangs them in and comes back refreshed next season.  We will need him when Lavery goes off the boil!  lol

Not a lot to look forward to concerning incoming strikes again this close season then.

Edited by intercity0wl

from the horses mouth as such

Wednesday’s head coach Stuart Gray said: “Gary needs some first team football and with the options I have at the moment, he would find it hard to get into the team. 

Mental statement. 

Would have him on the bench rather than Afobe.

People say that Madine is a league one player but in league one he scored a hell of a lot more than Afobe did in Leagie one

Poppycock! He will be here when next season starts.

I told you he wouldn't go "local" - however, back to Carlisle is a strange mollycoddling sort of choice, doubt they could afford to buy him so him coming back to Hillsborough might be THE chosen option.

Unless Uncle Bulgaria is going to see him right (with a few clauses no doubt).....

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

If we wanted to get rid of him surely we would have just sacked him when the opportunity was there to do so? No one is going to pay more than 100k in the summer for him I wouldn't imagine, and we'll have paid him half of that (if not more) by the time we are able to sell him on July 1st... So by those estimates we could make 50k back on what we paid for him. Doesn't seem like something we'd do to me.

I think we need to give the guy a chance. He made a big mistake which was totally unacceptable, and it wasn't the first he made, and therefore he was sent to prison. But he has served his sentence and for me deserves a second chance. I thought the way people used to talk about Madine was pretty scandalous - the guy was excellent in out promotion season, no question about it. Admittedly he struggled to adapt and was part of a completely ineffective side at times, but, as others have already commented, a number of players who also struggled then and have since kicked on and improved significantly over the last year.

He's young enough and has shown enough potential for us so far in his career for me to want to give him a final chance. Agree with the guy before who said that if he hasn't cut it by the end of next year, we won't offer him another contract and he'll probably get a move to a league one club for free. Writing him off when we haven't seen him kick a ball in almost a year seems harsh to me.

really? straight into a relegation scrap?

guess he either never had as many options as was let on, or he never wanted to go anywhere but home?

maybe he didnt have too many options, maybe its loyalty; they gave him his first contract, they let him train with them when he was in the poo poo and said they wanted him back. maybe the club thought hes less likely to get in trouble up there.

Mental statement. 

Would have him on the bench rather than Afobe.

People say that Madine is a league one player but in league one he scored a hell of a lot more than Afobe did in Leagie one

How ironic it is that you state Stuart Gray's statement is mental.

Is this the same Stuart Gray who has steered us from near relegation certainties to 16 points clear of relegation?

Could it be that, having watched Madine play, he believes/knows that he is too short of match fitness to be able to make much of a contribution this season? 

Could it be that he wants to give him time to regain his confidence a) by playing at a lower level and b) away from S6?

As for Afobe, he is just 21, had a very good goal scoring record with Arsenal U18s, did OK at Huddersfield, and has mostly been played out of position with us. Give the lad a chance.