Kirkland for charlton.

Personally I'd play him but it's not too important,  Martinez has done well and if he's here we might as well get some use out of him

Also with a fixture pile up, players will need resting if at all possible, Kirkland is one of few players we can actually do that with at the moment

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

Personally I'd play him but it's not too important,  Martinez has done well and if he's here we might as well get some use out of him

Also with a fixture pile up, players will need resting if at all possible, Kirkland is one of few players we can actually do that with at the moment

Do goalkeepers really need resting?

With a guaranteed big payday whoever we'd play in the next round, we can't afford to take any chances and have to put out our strongest possible side.

The TV live broadcast alone was just under £250k per club for the 5th round and will be more for the quarters, then there's the £180k prize money so we're looking at an extra half a million quid income even before a single match ticket is sold for the quarter final.

With a guaranteed big payday whoever we'd play in the next round, we can't afford to take any chances and have to put out our strongest possible side.

The TV live broadcast alone was just under £250k per club for the 5th round and will be more for the quarters, then there's the £180k prize money so we're looking at an extra half a million quid income even before a single match ticket is sold for the quarter final.

Spot on. And I'd hope for 30,000 even if we drew Forest at home. Got to beat Charlton, would be a huge result.

Guest Big Guns

We should rest Kirkland and he should be saved for the semi finals or if we get one of the big boys

The same as I'm doing really

We should rest Kirkland and he should be saved for the semi finals or if we get one of the big boys

The same as I'm doing really

changed record gums, we get it, tha don't go.

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

Unless we do get through and draw Arsenal!

I'm sure they'd let him play. He's no threat to them when they know our other option is Kirky (unless he's injured) and it will be good experience for their player playing against such a good team. 

I'm sure they'd let him play. He's no threat to them when they know our other option is Kirky (unless he's injured) and it will be good experience for their player playing against such a good team.

I doubt it and even if they did I´d be surprised if gray picked him he´d be under immense pressure ....can you imagine if he let in a soft winner for the club that pays his wages or the stick wenger would get if he played a blinder and help knock them out .