Kirkland for charlton.

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

I doubt it and even if they did I´d be surprised if gray picked him he´d be under immense pressure ....can you imagine if he let in a soft winner for the club that pays his wages or the stick wenger would get if he played a blinder and help knock them out .

I don't think that would be an issue. He isn't a well-known player who can get away with letting in a soft goal. It would be the most high-profile match that he's played in thus far (as far as I am aware) and he would want to do the best he possibly could to further his own career. My belief is that he will move on before he breaks into the Arsenal first team - with Szczesny being as young as he is - and he would therefore put his own interests ahead of Arsenal's. And in regards to him helping knock Arsenal out - Kirkland is our first choice goalkeeper so if he is in the side that beats them, who's to say that Kirkland wouldn't have done exactly the same? Wenger not allowing us to play him and forcing us to play our better, more experienced goalkeeper would be the bigger mistake in my opinion.

On a completely unrelated note, I love how much speculation is going on (myself included) into what might or could happen if we get this team or that team in the next round. You just know Charlton are going to knock us out don't you.

chuck martinez in for a league game near the time to allow CK to rest up for the game and save his back.

More chance of progressing will bring more revenue, especially with TV coverage etc. we'd be a fool not too... unless we really thought martinez deserved his cup place that is

chuck martinez in for a league game near the time to allow CK to rest up for the game and save his back.

More chance of progressing will bring more revenue, especially with TV coverage etc. we'd be a fool not too... unless we really thought martinez deserved his cup place that is

wheres your avatar gone powp, bespectacled gent IIRC