Had to chuckle

True conversation overheard yesterday-

When we beat Notts Forest, we'll get Wednesday away, and it's an easy passage to the semis.We're gonna win it.

Bless em!

But haven't a lot of us been saying the same about us v Charlton??

I've lost count of the amount of ppl that have planning who we'll get in the Quarters lol

I must be the only one dreading getting them if we manage to get past Charlton.

I know that we are much, much better than they are, but so are Fulham and Villa. You know what they say about every dog having it's day?! That goes for the homeless disease ridden dogs aswell.

I know that we are much, much better than they are, but so are Fulham and Villa. You know what they say about every dog having it's day?! That goes for the homeless disease ridden dogs aswell.

I always dread playing them.

Disagree about Fulham being better than them though!

I always dread playing them.

Disagree about Fulham being better than them though!

Really?! Fulham are dire and yes the pigs played better than them on both matches, but Fulham are Premier League and the pigs are second bottom of League One! As far as I'm aware Fulham rested a lot pf their best players for the cup matches.

I agree about the dreading playing them part though. Anything can happen in a derby match and I'm never confident regardless of the run up to the match.

Really?! Fulham are dire and yes the pigs played better than them on both matches, but Fulham are Premier League and the pigs are second bottom of League One! As far as I'm aware Fulham rested a lot pf their best players for the cup matches.

I agree about the dreading playing them part though. Anything can happen in a derby match and I'm never confident regardless of the run up to the match.

I was being slightly tongue in cheek

Fulham are awful though! Once United get promoted back to L1 I can see Fulham vs Oinkers being L1 game in a couple of years!

I was being slightly tongue in cheek

Fulham are awful though! Once United get promoted back to L1 I can see Fulham vs Oinkers being L1 game in a couple of years!

That would be good. I always remember Fulham being a Division 2 / 3 team when I was growing up. 

I'd love to see football being restored to it's natural order:

SWFC - Top flight

Fulham - Div 2 / 3

Wigan - Div 2 / 3

Stevenage - Non League 

Etc

I hate the arrogance of a lot of our fans saying about the draw 'after we beat charlton'. This is the same charlton who are near us in the table and beat Huddersfield away in the last round. Seriously 1 game at a time. I know some will say it's only banter and tongue in cheek but it does appear that a lot of diluded fans assume we are already in the quarters

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Apologies for the copy and paste but I started that beat Charlton thread as a "what if" so here is a reminder of when people were making out like it was complacency on there too.

Typical Dour atmosphere "we can't beat anyone"

Why not, should we instead start another Thread about Connor Wickham coming back, how people think Nuhui is slow or that JJ shouldn't get an extension on his contract?

I'd rather talk about stuff like this than whinge about who we have or have not got?

BELIEVE

WEMBLEY

And also

All this talk about "complacency" is a little funny to read, its a "what if" thread, the Charlton game is winnable (Charlton will think they can win it too) so its a conversation about who we would prefer in a quarters if things go our way.

I very much doubt that Lavery comes onto Owlstalk, reads the comments and goes "Well no need to bother, the lads on Owlstalk think we have got this in the bag."

Didn't think the Blunts would get through so I'm changing my decision to United, at Hillsborough.

I hate the arrogance of a lot of our fans saying about the draw 'after we beat charlton'. This is the same charlton who are near us in the table and beat Huddersfield away in the last round. Seriously 1 game at a time. I know some will say it's only banter and tongue in cheek but it does appear that a lot of diluded fans assume we are already in the quarters

I do agree, but to be fair Charlton are probably the best draw we could have got in order to qualify for the quarter finals. How can you not get excited about that? We could have drawn Man City, Arsenal, Liverpooh or even Sunderland or Forest. All of which will have been a tall order to rech the quarters. But we got Charlton. A beatable team who are in poor form. 

I don't agree with looking past your opponents, but come on, this could put us into the final three rounds of the most prestigious cup competition in the land. You can't blame the fans for getting a bit giddy.

I do agree, but to be fair Charlton are probably the best draw we could have got in order to qualify for the quarter finals. How can you not get excited about that? We could have drawn Man City, Arsenal, Liverpooh or even Sunderland or Forest. All of which will have been a tall order to rech the quarters. But we got Charlton. A beatable team who are in poor form.

I don't agree with looking past your opponents, but come on, this could put us into the final three rounds of the most prestigious cup competition in the land. You can't blame the fans for getting a bit giddy.

Mate there's no one happier than me about the cup run. Even I can't help think about quarter finals and a wembley semi. But in my heart I know we could easily lose against charlton. It was a great draw for us just don't agree with some folk assuming we're already in the quarters.

I'm also concerned that the fans attention has been taken off a huge spell for us in the league. No one seems to be thinking about some huge league games this month. We need to remember we are still in a huge relegation battle and that must remain our priority

Completely agree.

We're much better than they are, and on paper should hammer them.

But steel city derbies are definitely not played on paper, form and league position goes out of the window.

It's all about who's up for it more. 

Not saying that our lads wouldn't be up for it.

But....I'd just dread it.

Guest wilyfox

They won't get past Forest, which is a shame. A steel city FA quarter final could be great.

Edited by wilyfox

Mate there's no one happier than me about the cup run. Even I can't help think about quarter finals and a wembley semi. But in my heart I know we could easily lose against charlton. It was a great draw for us just don't agree with some folk assuming we're already in the quarters.

I'm also concerned that the fans attention has been taken off a huge spell for us in the league. No one seems to be thinking about some huge league games this month. We need to remember we are still in a huge relegation battle and that must remain our priority

I don't agree with people thinking we are already in the quarters because this is Wednesday we are talking about, anything could happen! But when we played Charlton at their place we should have got 3 points and if we perform like we can I see no reason why we can't get to the quarters and dream of Wembley. Come on Wednesday!

If you want a chuckle, have a look on bladesmad every now and again. It can't be healthy how much they hate Wednesday. So bitter, so twisted, so abusive and they genuinely do seem to be jealous of Owlstalk! It's funny, but I do actually in a way feel sorry for them. Most of the 10/15 people who post on there must have got issues.