message to the band

Guest Adriano Bellini

They were really, really bad today. They were constantly drowning those trying to start chants in the kop out. The main problem with them is that theyre too egotistical to know when to stop or rather not join in. They don't aid the atmosphere they just do there own thing. It may improve the atmosphere for drab games were people need prompting. But when youre 6-0 up to Leeds people don't need it.

The band are crap full stop.

If you complain about them when we win you get posts like this. Complain when we lose and you get posts saying were just moaning because we lost.

The band are out of touch and out of time. A gimmick that should have been dropped years ago.

This ^^^^^^^^

Revolution required 

Anybody up for it ?

Didnt think the atmosphere on the kop was in question thought it was the band ????

half the time, the atmosphere on the kop is the band, it's ok saying there was a fantastic atmosphere when you're winning 3-0, 4-0, and the likes, but generally it can be like a morgue, or even poisonous to our own players...

you can stand in the north west and barely hear the kop during most of the game.

there's always been an atmospheric problem with hillsborough, it seems both the north and west stands have the design to throw noise onto the field of play, whilst the kop appears to struggle to do so, that and the fact that our home support is split into 2 sections doesn't help at all...

if it's library or band...

i'll go with the band, it's less embarrassing than the library...

and if those on the kop want to smother the band, then make some real noise...

They were really, really bad today. They were constantly drowning those trying to start chants in the kop out. The main problem with them is that theyre too egotistical to know when to stop or rather not join in. They don't aid the atmosphere they just do there own thing. It may improve the atmosphere for drab games were people need prompting. But when youre 6-0 up to Leeds people don't need it.

they were really, really bad today 'cos some wanted to make some positive noise...

instead of the more usual "YOU'RE SHYTE WEDNESDAY" "BOOOO" "F*CKIN RUBBISH" "GER OFF SO AND SO" "BOOOO"...

You sit on the South don't you

I certainly do these days. And your point is ?

I used to go on the Kop when I was I was younger. Nowadays I prefer the better view and facilities of the South.

So from your comment I'll assume you go on the Kop. I stick 100% to my comments . The ground is deadly silent without the band the majority of the time.

Theres an halfway house if the band play as an accompniament to the Kop...but to drown out a chant thats already started to play summatt else is plain fookin' rude...or start it again in a fookin' key thats suits them...is fookin' rude...Ive no problem with clappin' along if they stop being fookin' rude..

Theres an halfway house if the band play as an accompniament to the Kop...but to drown out a chant thats already started to play summatt else is plain fookin' rude...or start it again in a fookin' key thats suits them...is fookin' rude...Ive no problem with clappin' along if they stop being fookin' rude..

As much as I can't stand them, not heard them start a different song whilst another is being sung.

However when they play along to a song which is already underway it generally isn't in time and ruins the chant.

I've always said the same, they should do the odd game such as quid a kid matches, that way they would have a novelty factor. Every week is just horrible.

Guest Adriano Bellini

They just play the same songs at the same times during matches

No originality what so ever

When we score - same tune European tune -DER DER DE DE DE DE DE DER

When Kirkland runs towards the kop at start of game - Englands number 1 tune

When were winning - Great escape 

When the keeper takes a goal kick - They try to put him off by banging the drum loud once or that idiot with trombone blast out another out of tune PAARP

Then theres Wallace and Gromit music - FFS (YOU CAN HEAR THE AWAY FANS LAFFING FROM THE KOP)

For long throws or corners its - The f..king build up music (Boom Boom Bom Boom DE DE DE DE DE DE DERRRRRR

Then when the lads at the back get WAWAW going they join in and everyone stops singing

Its like they cant bare for the kop to sing without them. Like its not allowed.

Continually playing over and joining chants that have started already (Defo job protection stuff that)

Can we have a poll on this, if most in favour of the band then I'll accept we're in the minority and move on. If most want them gone then send the results to Milan with the evidence that most fans want them gone.

Edited by nickswfc

Guest Adriano Bellini

Can we have a poll on this, if most in favour of the band then I'll accept we're in the minority and move on. If most want them gone then send the results to Milan with the evidence that most fans want them gone.

But only people who sit on the kop can vote

Guest Adriano Bellini

The last vote was about 60-40 against the band.

Exactly

And that includes the bands votes and there's about 50 of them. Seems theres a new instrument everytime they turn up. There was a bird there playing ANOTHER trumpet FFS.

How many instruments do they need ?

Be a f..king orchestra in a bit

If Hemmingham has to be there then let it be just him and the drum then at least the lads at the back of the kop can be heard 

They always seem to get more embarrasing when there's a live game as well, and although sometimes I think they do actually add a little encouragment when things do go quite in a game (not on tv), but now I just think their time is up. I also think we could do with some new songs as well because it's just the same old drab songs, the so called Ultras offer nothing new.

They should be given rules to stick to as to what to and when they should play it.

Totally agree that they ruin ole ole everytime...

They've never annoyed me much as yesterday they even kept ruining chants starting on the north (west end) too with their don't leave us out mentality, felt sorry for you lot sitting on the Kop yesterday cause I wanted to shove their parps and bangs up their Arses'! so dunno how you felt...

That been said sometimes without them the atmosphere would be dire but they can't half p^ss you off!

Give em rules, if they don't stick to them see if they can get a parp from their trumpets from up their arse!

Guest Adriano Bellini

They always seem to get more embarrasing when there's a live game as well, and although sometimes I think they do actually add a little encouragment when things do go quite in a game (not on tv), but now I just think their time is up. I also think we could do with some new songs as well because it's just the same old drab songs, the so called Ultras offer nothing new.

Lots of new songs at the back of the kop at the moment. Was speaking to a mate who goes on North West end and he'd never heard the stuff that the Ultras are singing. They are getting it going up there, lots of new stuff and they keep having a pop at the band every match. Already kicked off a bit a few weeks ago and gunna kick off more in future no doubt.

Think theyve had enough of the band up there TBH