Gray is clueless

Guest BigH

It isn't uncommon for a team to see an ip turn in fortunes after they sack their manager, that's all we're seeing under Gray. Very similar to when Paul Sturrock got the sack and we won a few games under Macauly.

There's no way he should get the job full-time.

apparently statistically a new manager will on average do well in their first six games

Guest wilyfox

It isn't uncommon for a team to see an ip turn in fortunes after they sack their manager, that's all we're seeing under Gray. Very similar to when Paul Sturrock got the sack and we won a few games under Macauly.

There's no way he should get the job full-time.

exactly. despite wins over Leicester & Watford, the warning signs were still there - and even more abundant tonight. Milan hoping Gray can achieve what DJ couldn't is wishful thinking.

exactly. despite wins over Leicester & Watford, the warning signs were still there - and even more abundant tonight. Milan hoping Gray can achieve what DJ couldn't is wishful thinking.

It is if he sets up the team like Jones would have done.

And, he plays the same player combinations as Jones would have done.

Avoid defeat - any win is a bonus, even at home.

You can't do that with our defensive track record.

He's no different to Jones in my opinion. Just a bit luckier for the time being.

We can't possibly appoint Gray on a permanent basis and I'll tell you why.

After the clamour to ensure Warnock wasn't appointed, and Milan backing down, Milan effectively declared that any new manager must get the backing of the majority, if not all, Wednesday fans.

Following this through to it's logical conclusion, he's effectively given the fans the ability to vote for, and appoint, for our next manager, who must gain universal approval.

As we are split on Gray, Milan can't possibly appoint him without appearing inconsistent, and neither can he appoint a manager the majority of us don't want.

It's become a difficult task for him since he abandoned his testicles, and abdicated from making a tough call. So effectively, the new managerial appointment is down to us.

Pull yer bleeding fingers out!

Edited by theowlsman

Tha's not seen his latest PR.

Been scouring the globe for the right man, it takes time tha knows.

BG's lined up an introdution with a well known Puerto Rican agent next week. Milan's flying out to speak to him and Red Star San Juan manager Salazar Nunes. They've won 5 on the trot now, beating Bayamon Rovers 13-7 on Saturday.

He doesn't need to scour the globe. He only has to scour Wednesday's legendary early 1990's side or scour OT and have a gander at my avatar. ;)

The man we need in the present and for the long-term future of our club is stood next to our greatest living manager holding our most recent major silverware.

I don't understand the clamour for his permanent appointment on here or Radio Sheffield.

All he has done is brought a change of luck - not a change in ethos or playing style.

The only difference between him and Jones is 3 wonder goals by Wickham - nothing else.

The same tactics and negativity. He was lucky tonight.

We are easily pleased. Do you really want this, for the rest of the season?

Blind hope and faith - I can't see how it can be called a qualified judgement.

We may stay up by default - it won't be Gray's doing.

Spot on this, Gray have a very negative midfield tonight was pathetic, he had to change it at half time but must admit he got out of jail with the match being abandoned.

Gray is just a coach, that's it but will Milan search for a new man, highly doubt it. 

Whats that Loovens bloke like?

Was awful tonight.

Guest wilyfox

It is if he sets up the team like Jones would have done.

And, he plays the same player combinations as Jones would have done.

Avoid defeat - any win is a bonus, even at home.

You can't do that with our defensive track record.

He's no different to Jones in my opinion. Just a bit luckier for the time being.

but why do people think Gray's choices would be significantly different to DJ's? we haven't seen any surprise selections or tactics for the 4 games. From their time working together at various clubs, it seems they share similar views and opinions. If you conclude one has failed, so must the other have. This season has had both their stamps on it.

but why do people think Gray's choices would be significantly different to DJ's? we haven't seen any surprise selections or tactics for the 4 games. From their time working together at various clubs, it seems they share similar views and opinions. If you conclude one has failed, so must the other have. This season has had both their stamps on it.

That's exactly my point.

There is no difference - no imagination either. No out of the box thinking.

Same safe, dull stuff.

Only it's not safe - with our defensive track record.

Guest wilyfox

Milan knows he can't appoint Gray.

But he's probably not impressed with the remaining choices either.

Remember he wants "a winner", somebody who will demand success from his players.

we know who Milan wanted. Many didn't like the thought, but i'd rather have an ass in charge that keeps us up, than a likeable fella that takes us down.

Listening to Wigan Player before the match they were there for the taking. All the talk was about them being knackered after playing in Europe, having to make 5 changes. They didn't sound confident

That's exactly my point.

There is no difference - no imagination either. No out of the box thinking.

Same safe, dull stuff.

Only it's not safe - with our defensive track record.

Said when DJ got booted. We had a management team of DJ,Wilkinson and Gray. MM got rid of two so couldn't see where the change would happen as one remained. Nothing shows that it has really