Milan and Jones

Guest The Producer

Fact is, when fans of 30-odd years / 40-odd years / or longer, are saying that despite everything that has gone on before, now is the time they feel most apathetic towards their beloved football club, you know something is desparately wrong.

I firmly believe we can avoid relegation this season, with a fair proportion of the players already at this club. However, there are some duds that aren't worth their weight in poo at the moment, who are simply going through the motions, and we need an injection of belief so the players can perform to the best of their abilities. I can't see them responding to Jones, otherwise it would've happened by now.

I can see players like Reda becoming monsters again under the right circumstances, but I think they've currently lost faith in the direction the club is going at the moment, and I do believe some of them do actually care. Let's start by getting the players at this club believing in themselves again.

Over to you Milan.

That bout of tourette's seems to be doing you a power of good.

Guest Spitfire

The club is flat lining and the Defib machine has run out of charge and MM won't even pay the leccy bill. The club needs a new pacemaker, heart bypass and transplant all to boot. We need a new surgeon, someone with intricate knife and suturing  skills to bring this corpse back to life.

Well said Simon.

I think a lot has to do with MM at the helm.  All our transfer dealings have been used as short term measures and there is no building for the long term.

Our transfer policy is not working, we need serious investment in the team, where we bring in top quality players and build the team around them. 

We can't keep going for the cheaper option.

This summer we brought in a load of freebies, nowt wrong in that, but the quality wasn't there.

For example, we bring in an unproven Maghoma from league 2 on a free, where we should have gone for Adomah from bristol city who was also on a free but proven at this level.  

St Ledger was another quality centre back available on a free with the obvious quality at this level.  

Ben Marshall was sold to blackburn for 1million, yet we can't even compete with that despite bringing in around 40 plus players.

In my view, its all about quality not quantity. 

Wake up and get with the flipping programme, because neither of you are pulling your weight at the moment.

As for you Milan, and your PR boll_ocks (that we can all see through now), your job was, and is, to provide leadership from above, ensuring that this team builds upon it's recent promotion, and pushes on.

Just to spell out what this means, we should be improving upon our league position, and not dropping like a stone back towards League 1. You also need to be decisive with the managerial position, as you have been in the past, using gary megson as an example, who is a far better manager than Dave Jones in my opinion coincidentally. Let's have some consistency in decision making when you sell yourself as someone who does the right things for the club.

Dave Jones, I've consistently tried not to call for your head, as I don't believe the backing you've received from your Chairman is as good as it should've been. However, things are at a point where I'm losing patience with you too. Your dodgy signings (Zayatte being the latest example of a complete plum), and your tactical niaivity (I still use the home match v Bristol City where you turned a 2-1 home victory into a 2-3 home defeat, within minutes of making the wrong substitutions, as the best example), is galling enough, but add to that your complete inability to get the players to perform for you, and I'm struggling to see anything other that an over-hyped, "has been" of a manager, living on a past reputation, who is clueless when it comes to managing on the sort of budget Megson was working with.

Getting back to this point, if you are going to run the club in a prudent way Milan, at the same time as expecting a £25 million takeover, allegedly rejecting offers that don't meet your valuation, for a club that is effectively spitting distance away from being on a par with the likes of Oldham Athletic, then at least employ a manager who knows how to operate within these constraints, and who has enough personality (any at all would be a good start), to get the players playing for him.

I hear a Chairman making noises about moving the club in the right direction (presumably this means downwards), a Chairman who says he loves the club and it's people (yet sits back in the shadows as the club seeks treatment in Intensive Care), and who says everyone at the club must pull together (whilst all evidence suggests only the fans continue to play their part).

It's just not good enough, plain and simple.

Get it sorted!

Milan, you've bought this club, but this will always be OUR club, so we have a right to demand, as you have done yourself, that everyone pulls in the same direction.

Let's have a visible, strategic, plan and some vocal, visible, strong, leadership during our period of need.

But the takeovers happening tomorrow isn't it Owlsman......

Fifty one years, and I've had enough.

39 years and counting,seen it all, good bad and ugly,i think whats pvssing most people off is the amount of spin,were not here to make numbers up,going to build on last season,etc,etc,expectation levels through the roof,so the slightest setback feels like a real kick in the melons,i for one could handle, i bought the club so it wasn't lost,i'll keep it running until someone comes along who's younger got more ambition and money to take this great club to the promised land,then i could understand all the patching up loan players etc,what i don't want to feel is when MM does sell is thank god,because at the end of the day he's charted a big ship through some very rough seas,so please no bad feelings when you do pass us on.

can't disagree with any of that however ..if you think ranting on here will make MM take notice... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

It was confirmed recently that Milan does have the Wednesday fora monitored so will be aware of the general feeling.

If he doesn't take notice, then he's a bigger fool than we already think.

But you can just carry on laughing, as you seem to think it's a laughing matter. Personally, I think the way this club is currently being run is a bleeding shambles.

Ironically, you always get your points across in a snipey, snidey, sarcastic way.

Nothing wrong with the actual points themselves.

Ironically, it's from years of having to put up with those who try to shut me up, and carry on failing.

Not directed at you Chris, but I don't hide behind constant log in changes either. I think that shows a spineless slant to someone's character.

Is there a manager with a worse record than Jones still in his job? Teflon doesn't cover it as far as DJ is concerned. The OP was bang on, especially with the feeling of apathy which is growing daily. People are realising they can do a lot more with their £28.

Whether it matters to either MM or DJ is debatable.

Ironically, it's from years of having to put up with those who try to shut me up, and carry on failing.

Not directed at you Chris, but I don't hide behind constant log in changes either. I think that shows a spineless slant to someone's character.

It's not a dig at you personally. It could be anyone posting that way. I just hate snide, snipey comments that skirt around issues.

Agree on the login changes.