Soul Destroying

'substsantial pay cut'? go on then give us the details

And it emerged that not only are Wednesday understood to be paying Johnson’s wages, but that he has had to lose a chunk of his £20,000-a-week-plus salary to make the move happen.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/09/13/kenny-jackett-roger-johnson-was-irrelevant/

That

And our spend per fan is actually low - ie we get bigger crowds but we get less money from them - and have higher operating costs

Isn't our average ticket price per fan something like £10.50? It definitely helps to explain our current financial predicament.

What does our commercial director do? What's he been doing all summer?

He sends me emails about 50% off a pizza if we score twice, that I can collect 20 miles from the ground....

What more do folk want ffs... lol

Edited by Flat Owl

Guest Distraught!

This is where it becomes difficult for us supporters to understand wages. I have read and came to believe he was on 40K+ with the most reported figure being 42K (though negotiated in the Premier League, it is this type of thing that bites lesser clubs the hardest).

Guest Big Guns

so are you sayin their isnt a manager in britain that could have got more than 4 pts with this squad of players?......

The flippingtea lady wud have got more than four points

We've played a few of the poor sides already

so on some topics everything you read in the papers is made up bumf yet if you need it to suit your argument its gospel....reyt

Where have a i said everything in the papers is made up?

If you think we are paying Johnson £20k per week then you have the most inaccurate username in the histpry of owlstalk

I'm not arguing against the sacking of Jones or whether Johnson deserves his pay; I am stating that the fundemental problem is the budget; plain and simple.  I wouldn't be bothered if we replaced Jones today but I would be gutted if the new manager had **** all to spend. 

Let's stop fooling ourselves.  We were succesful in the late 80's and early 90's - why? It's because the player budget was competitive.  We have been dreadful for the last 15 years - why? It's because the player budget hasn't been competitive in that time. 

We need to handle the budget issue and soon or we'll be back in the third tier. 

Edited by shandypants

therel be plenty of managers on a lower salary than the hapless jones who wud have harvested more thsn 4 measily points

Maybe, but over a full season I reckon they'd be found out. I'm not a big Jones fan at the moment but I can see that in or current situation we are going to have to put up with it.

Guest Big Guns

so on some topics everything you read in the papers is made up bumf yet if you need it to suit your argument its gospel....reyt

Yep owt I read in the papers is always made up rubbish when I post it on here

You can guarantee if I posted that wot Stan did everyone wud say its rounduns

lol

This is where it becomes difficult for us supporters to understand wages. I have read and came to believe he was on 40K+ with the most reported figure being 42K (though negotiated in the Premier League, it is this type of thing that bites lesser clubs the hardest).

If he's on £42k pw then obviously the wage cut will be even greater

Edited by scram

I'm not arguing agianst the sacking of jones or whether Johnson deserves hios pay; I am stating that the fundemental problem is the budget; plain and simple.  I wouldn't be bothered if we replaced Jones today but I would be gutted if the new manager had **** all to spend. 

Let's stop fooling ourselves.  We were succesful in the late 80's and early 90's - why? It's because the player budget was competitive.  We have been dreadful for the last 15 years - why? It's because the player budget hasn't been competitive in that time. 

We need to handle the budget issue and soon or we'll be back in the third tier. 

To be fair you're correct. People say, 'Leicester haven't done anything with their budget' etc but they are always in with a chance of the Prem. We are nowhere near. For teams like Leicester it is just a matter of time til teams like them reach the big time.

Guest everydays_wednesday

don't forget...................our commercial director used to be commercial director at the lane..................

agent andy dakin perhaps?

so are you sayin their isnt a manager in britain that could have got more than 4 pts with this squad of players?......

Im agreeing with you.

I'm just saying David Flitcroft always says "this group of players" in his interviews

I'm friends with Marlon Harewood (feel free to shoot me down) and when he was in the Premiership with Villa he was on £25-£30k per week basic wage during his spell (daylight robbery I know!). It's when you add on bonuses for appearances and goals plus sponsorship deals that it can bump up the income significantly.