Shocking negative tactics our downfall today

It's been like this for a long time, always plays a disjointed team with no cohesion, a defensive unit of 7 and 4 attacking players.

He sucked all the optimism out of promotion, killed the squad spirit that got us up and that is unforgivable. Last year was poo poo, this year is just the same.

No enjoyment to following us because if we do happen to go in front, usually from a set piece we all know we have no appetite to score more and that defensive unit often becomes 8 to see the game out, which rarely happens as seen yesterday.

Now i watched how they lined up and it was 4-5-1, everytime Nuhiu got the ball the nearest player was 15-20 yards away. Thats not 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

Yup

It was 4-5-1 with Prutton playing in front the back 4 because they swapped McDonald to the right and Chaplow behind the striker, Jones wanted to fill the space Chaplow had moved into

Shocking defensive move

If that's what we do against Millwall at home I dread to think the mindset when we play a decent team

I fail to understand how clubs like Huddersfield are more successfull in the transfer market.

I keep hearing this, the same with Barnsley too.

Huddersfield - Jordan Rhodes

Barnsley - John Stones

Major part of income into a football club can be player sales. We haven't sold anyone for a decent fee for a long time, that's why we can't spend on transfer fee and/or player wages.

It's not rocket science.

Guest intercity0wl

Obviously when we listen to commentary it's impossible to say if something is in or out of the box or a penalty.

But we can get a good idea of what is going on.

In the first half, you hardly heard a Millwall player being mentioned, we were attacking and had the ball for much of the half and were creating chances - with Millwall creating nothing.

In the second half, all you heard was Millwall players with the ball, some near misses, the odd break from us, and the commentators wondering why we were sitting back and being so lethargic. On one corner, we had a striker taking the kick, with only 3 in the box. They then got the inevitable equalizer and we then abandon sitting back and bring on another striker and start trying to win the game again.

Sad thing is, we should have tried to win the game all the second half instead of just containing.

I think that is pushing it a tad too far Daz even in the first half,  I would have expected to have been up and down in my seat as part of a passionate crowd willing the lads on as they repeatedly attacked in NUMBERS a dodgy away keeper and poor defence, instead of discussing the merits of normal and crinkke cut crisps most of the first half.

We were dire, no movement off the ball, as always sat too deep and relying on one up front to trouble a defence who had one of the easiest away days they will have all season.

If I had to pay on a fortnightly basis to watch that  then I would be thinking very hard about whether to attend or not, its not like it was a one off its becoming the norm, and sadly people will start and vote with their cash and their feet, lets at least have a go at home.

Guest MrsGoggins

I keep hearing this, the same with Barnsley too.

Huddersfield - Jordan Rhodes

Barnsley - John Stones

Major part of income into a football club can be player sales. We haven't sold anyone for a decent fee for a long time, that's why we can't spend on transfer fee and/or player wages.

It's not rocket science.

We also average thousands more in attendances than both them so over a couple of seasons we should be generating more income.

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5739

Edited by MrsGoggins

We also average thousands more in attendances than both them so over a couple of seasons we should be generating more income.

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5739

None of us know what wages budgets are in place. None of us know what income is generated by the different clubs.

I'm absolutely certain we will be spending as much as we can possibly afford. It's in the interests of Mandaric to do so, without digging even further into his own pockets.

Get used to fact we don't have much money, we don't as a football club generate much more. The reason why we stayed on the slow decline for 15 years was because of the fans holding the club up. That hasn't changed, just out budgets have. We still don't create much income and until that is sorted we won't be able to spend or lend any money.

You make more money, you spend more money or even lend more money because you have the money to service the debt.

Either that or you have a very rich owner who wants to keep inputting money after money.

Mandaric can't and we shouldn't expect him to put even more money into this football club than the amounts he's putting in to keep us going.

If you want to blame people, blame the people have neglected the club previously. Mandaric is still cleaning up their mess of the field.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Guest MrsGoggins

None of us know what wages budgets are in place. None of us know what income is generated by the different clubs.

I'm absolutely certain we will be spending as much as we can possibly afford. It's in the interests of Mandaric to do so, without digging even further into his own pockets.

Get used to fact we don't have much money, we don't as a football club generate much more. The reason why we stayed on the slow decline for 15 years was because of the fans holding the club up. That hasn't changed, just out budgets have. We still don't create much income and until that is sorted we won't be able to spend or lend any money.

You make more money, you spend more money or even lend more money because you have the money to service the debt.

Either that or you have a very rich owner who wants to keep inputting money after money.

Mandaric can't and we shouldn't expect him to put even more money into this football club than the amounts he's putting in to keep us going.

If you want to blame people, blame the people have neglected the club previously. Mandaric is still cleaning up their mess of the field.

Forget the past it's gone, MM has taken us as far as he inttends too and will be off as soon as someone meets his asking price.

I fail to see how the likes of Huddersfield will generate more income than we do from ticket sales,  as posted in another thread round pegs for round holes also cost nowt.

Guest MrsGoggins

So they got £8m for a player they paid £300k for and you are wondering why we can't compete?

Mind you we did get £200k for Beevers didn't we?

I can see your point, not much difference.

There's also not much difference is crowds, only 8-9 thousand per game.  That's at least 2 million more per year more in ticket sales, i would also guess that the Rhodes fee was not paid up front.

Forget the past it's gone, MM has taken us as far as he inttends too and will be off as soon as someone meets his asking price.

I fail to see how the likes of Huddersfield will generate more income than we do from ticket sales, as posted in another thread round pegs for round holes also cost nowt.

You can't forget it when it's affected the club and still is affecting it now.

For a club of our size the revenues we have created are low. They have slowly increased under MM. That process takes time. So of course the past is still having an affect on us.

It takes time & money. Money out of one mans pocket to do that.

Now Milan's pocket isn't a bottomless pit. He's spent large sums of money trying to make us as sustainable as possible. His level of input cannot continue, he doesn't have the capital to do so. That why its slowed down.

The income Huddersfield and Barnsley have generated is the reason why they've spent some and I stress the words some... money on transfer fees.

We can't do that. We don't have the money to do it.

It's as simple as that.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Guest MrsGoggins

You can forget it when it's affected the club and still is affecting it now.

For a club of our size the revenues we have created are low. They have slowly increased under MM. That process takes time. So of course the past is still having an affect on us.

It takes time & money. Money out of one mans pocket to do that.

Now Milan's pocket isn't a bottomless pit. He's spent large sums of money trying to make us as sustainable as possible. His level of input cannot continue, he doesn't have the capital to do so. That why its slowed down.

The income Huddersfield and Barnsley have generated is the reason why they've spent some and I stress the words some... money on transfer fees.

We can't do that. We don't have the money to do it.

It's as simple as that.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/annual-accounts-published-564412.aspx

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/chairman-dean-hoyle-remains-committed-4958961

Those figures don't take into account the Jordan Rhodes money.

What was the loss made from SWFC?

As I said in a previous post... You either spend the money you can afford to (i.e. what you generate)

Or... Your owner carries on putting money in (Huddersfield owner).

Milan's pocket isn't a bottomless pit of cash.

He cannot carry on inputting the money he has done over the past 3 years. He doesn't have the money to do so.

It's bloody simple.

Where do you propose the money comes from to buy players?

I think the key is that we made a loss of £5m last season off the back of a £10m wage bill and a lot of transfers.

£5m losses are acceptable provided the owner is happy to write it off, I could be wrong but I'm getting the impression that we haven't spent anywhere near as much and Milan isn't as keen to turn another 5m into equity. That's fair enough, but having seen us yesterday we do need something to happen ASAP with regards to transfers.

I'm all for sustainability and raising our revenues but can we raise them in time to ensure that we stay competitive in this league. At the moment it seems we need someone to prop us up until that happens, if Milan can't do it anymore then we need help from somewhere else.

I have generally been supportive of Dave Jones but today was one of the worst displays of managerial tactics I've seen in 42 years watching Wednesday.

We're playing an awful team who are clearly vunerable every time we went forward. They were shambolic defensively.

The decision after Buxton's injury to a) bring on Semedo and b) go to a 4-5-1 formation was mind blowingly stupid.

We should be attacking teams like Millwall instead of sitting back, inviting them to attack us and suffer the inevitable consequences.

Jones should have brought Maguire on and continued attacking them.

We can blame referees all we like but we should have been out of sight by then.

I'm still in shock that playing an awful team that Jones tries to defend a one goal lead at home for 45 minutes.

Total madness from Jones.

Fully justified RANT

£29 to watch that utter garbage.

There's so much wrong it's hard to know where to start.

As said Millwaw are laughably bad and we let them play, imagine what will happen turning out like that when Watford or Forrest come to town.

Very worrying.

Yes very worrying indeed, but hey we have just bought a 20yo striker who has only played a handful of matches and the loan window opens soon urrrrgh!!

The most disappointing thing for me yesterday was the lack of confidence, lack of ideas and resorting to hoofing the ball again. If we are going to hoof it at least play Reda up front with Nuhiu to give them a chance instead of it coming straight back at us.

Coke, Palmer, Prutton just not good enough, Antonio has no confidence and Jones is tactically hamstrung thus it is not hard to see why we couldn't beat the worst team in the league.

Very sad and sorry display yesterday.