Shocking negative tactics our downfall today

I agree in part - the bit in bold

I felt we should have brought Maghoma on and moved Palmer to RB. And just carried on as we were.

But you can't be serious in suggesting that the referee wasn't 50:50 responsible for that result - he was awful too

The tactics meant that the performance of the referee came into play. Had we been more positive the referee would have got stick but probably wouldn't have been a major factor in the result.

SWFC cannot influence how the referee performs but the management/coaching staff dictate how the team plays - they got that badly wrong.

Don't get me wrong - I was furious at our 2nd half tactics - theres no way we should be playing 4-5-1 in a 2nd half when we are 2-1 up against poor opposition.

But you can't deny the penalty we should have had - theres no way the penalty they got was more of a penalty than Antonios.

We should have buried this game though

Millwall were flipping AWFUL

We should have gone for a third and a fourth at home vs this team and kick started the season

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Deleted member

The tactics meant that the performance of the referee came into play. Had we been more positive the referee would have got stick but probably wouldn't have been a major factor in the result.

SWFC cannot influence how the referee performs but the management/coaching staff dictate how the team plays - they got that badly wrong.

agreed again

We should have buried this game though

Millwall were flipping AWFUL

We should have gone for a third and a fourth at home vs this team and kick started the season

Completely agree - 100%

Had to listen to the game but missed most of the first half.

What I don't understand is were we fairly poor all game, or did we play pretty well 1st half then were awful once the formation was changed?

Jones seem to imply we didn't play well all game, which I can kind of see why we might try and shore things up and just take a 2-1.

But if the performance was good 1st half and the changes ruined it, then that is a mindboggling decision from Jones.

Guest Deleted member

Had to listen to the game but missed most of the first half.

What I don't understand is were we fairly poor all game, or did we play pretty well 1st half then were awful once the formation was changed?

Jones seem to imply we didn't play well all game, which I can kind of see why we might try and shore things up and just take a 2-1.

But if the performance was good 1st half and the changes ruined it, then that is a mindboggling decision from Jones.

I thought we were ok for the first half hour then sat back til half time - and were awful after we went 4-5-1

may not have gone grandad but I have ears and eyes mate,and I am not stupid ,but if it upsets to much i'll refrain from commenting ,with one last sentence  you can't rely on penalties to win games , now ask daz and  others that don't go the same question

Guest Deleted member

may not have gone grandad but I have ears and eyes mate,and I am not stupid ,but if it upsets to much i'll refrain from commenting ,with one last sentence  you can't rely on penalties to win games , now ask daz and  others that don't go the same question

Ive no problem with general comments from people who haven't seen anything - but specific comments about specific incidents are ridiculous

No good blaming the Officials for rank awful tactics. The Antonoi affair was too afr away for me to judge, but we cannot argue against the penalty given to them. Semedo  puuled their player away IMMEDIATELT IN FRONT OF THE LINO who quite rightly signalled a penalty.

You can argue the to$$ about Jones' negative tactics, the re-signing of Prutton and Coke, the lack of money for new signings. In fact you can argue the F**king To$$ about anything you Bloody want but at the moment we are side who play percentage football because that's all we can play because of the quality (or should I say lack of quality) of the players at DJ's disposal.

Quality costs money. We don't have any. It seems sometimes like we never have had given all the Sh!t and struggles that we have had over the years. So we are where we are playing percentage football. Playing for corners, free kicks & throw ins. Trying to get Antonio on the shoulder of the last defender for the ball over the top. When you play this type of football you need to get a lot of decisions in your favour from the officials but we all know there's sweet fanny adams chance of this happening?

So we are in limbo until things change whether it be a change of manager (which I think personally would be a mistake), DJ hitting on a better balance in formation and play than there is at the moment or Investment from the top whether it be from MM or a change of ownership?

As long as we avoid the catastrophic losing runs of last season then I think we'll finish higher than last season but nothing will change dramatically IMO unless one of the above happens?

Guest mrbluesky

I agree in part - the bit in bold

I felt we should have brought Maghoma on and moved Palmer to RB. And just carried on as we were.

But you can't be serious in suggesting that the referee wasn't 50:50 responsible for that result - he was awful too

He had nothing at all to do with the result we created our own downfall, the ref is always going to be the scapegoat when we are poo .