The confidence of the players could be knocked after abuse

Guest prutts

Guest prutts

this abuse on twitter could affect the confidence and the mentality of the players if i was getting abuse from my own fans who should be supporting the team not criticizing them would make me wonder is this a team i want to play for   

this abuse on twitter could affect the confidence and the mentality of the players if i was getting abuse from my own fans who should be supporting the team not criticizing them would make me wonder is this a team i want to play for   

Depends on how much of a togetherness/siege mentality there is within the camp.

I supect little within a DJ camp, but I'm only guessing..

The poor little soles, getting abuse from fans after being humiliated in a local derby against a side a division below us. Bless them.

I don't approve of these idiots abusing these players on twitter but they are professional footballers and should be able to take the rough with the smooth.

They're all too ready to accept praise when they play well and so should be prepared to take the criticism when they play poorly.

They get abuse and praise. Swings and round abouts isnt it 

Yup pretty sums it up. They use twitter enough to feed their own egos. Some of the criticism isn't right and some of it is just plain abuse but it comes with the territory.

If players can't handle twitter and it starts to affect their on field game then they shouldn't be on it. It really is that simple nobody forces the players to have twitter and nobody would care if they deleted it.

Edited by H2Owl

Guest UpTheOwlsss

We average 24k at home

Out of that 24k we are more likely to have more idiot fans than most clubs due to our big crowds

If the footballers cannot deal with abit of stick from some fans then they shouldn't be on twitter

Simple

I have no sympathy for players who use twitter, especially the ones who think they have made it in football but have achieved very little. Madine is a classical example, just concentrate on your game and not tweeting and smacking people in pubs, ironic given he could not knock the skin off a rice pudding on a football pitch. McCabes tweet was ill timed, show you care on the pitch, not that you are trying to appear you care after the game has finished and your and your team mates performance was woeful. If I was jones I would fine anyone on twitter, although I do feel sorry that players get direct personal abuse, that should be vented on forums and in pubs, not in their personal space.

Edited by Sheza91