The confidence of the players could be knocked after abuse

Guest prutts

Guest cypress hill

Oh great another twitter related thread..Just what i was looking for.

flip OFF TWITTER

should be a seperate page on here for the twitter's & the morons that use it

Guest wilyfox

From what that reporter supposedly overheard, sounds as though DJ gave them a rollicking far worse than any twitter sticks'n stones - so I doubt it'll have any affect on the players at all. Whilst I do not condone the twitter bashing, perhaps the players shouldn't take to social media sites straight after a dire performance like that...

Edited by wilyfox

I remember John Sheriden getting some stick after a very poor performance his 're-action was it will never happen again a difference in mind set to today's professional footballers some who need to grow up and stop whining

Wednesday fans have a short fuse these days, scarred by past failures perhaps?

I don't know how to solve it, but we know how if everyone is positive at Hillsborough the players feed off it and if it gets poisonous they start to hide.

Hopefully we can remain positive for as long as possible otherwise it will get turgid very quickly

I remember John Sheriden getting some stick after a very poor performance his 're-action was it will never happen again a difference in mind set to today's professional footballers some who need to grow up and stop whining

It's the difference between top players and championship/league one players too.

The poor little soles, getting abuse from fans after being humiliated in a local derby against a side a division below us. Bless them.

I don't approve of these idiots abusing these players on twitter but they are professional footballers and should be able to take the rough with the smooth.

They're all too ready to accept praise when they play well and so should be prepared to take the criticism when they play poorly.

^^^ this ^^^

they didn't give their all .. accept the criticism as constructive and take action accordingly