Paul Corry

Is the lad injured? I know he played against Stocksbridge Friday night but if we're not prepared to play him in a cup match, we need to get him loaned out ASAP, or he'll be another talented young player on the scrap heap.

I wouldn't have thought he'd be one of the lads Jones alluded to when he said certain players wouldn't go out on loan.

Is the lad injured? I know he played against Stocksbridge Friday night but if we're not prepared to play him in a cup match, we need to get him loaned out ASAP, or he'll be another talented young player on the scrap heap.

I wouldn't have thought he'd be one of the lads Jones alluded to when he said certain players wouldn't go out on loan.

You should be a football manager with your views

Guest wilyfox

I'm surprised he wasn't involved last night. But then I was surprised DJ didn't ring more changes altogether. No competitive matches for 3months, then we open with 3 in a week.

Same ommission as last season. We need a solid championship central midfielder. Not a young future superstar but a solid player who can hit the ground running (that plus getting the two full backs fit and playing). More important than another striker..... if we were that desperate you'd think that Maguire would be given a shot but it seems as though we'll be running with one big lad up front for a while. Corry needs games whether that be with us or on loan lower down.

Edited by Dagmeister

Corry had a cracking game on his debut vs Leeds.

But, like so many young players we have had....his potential will be killed in this club by pressure from the fans, being played out of position, or not being played at all.

Can we not forget that this kid was playing in the Irish leagues last year?! Give him a chance, not write him off after a few games for us. He was poor vs Chesterfield....but he was playing on the wing for crying out loud! I'd like to see him loaned out 'till January, reassess how he'progressing in the team he's loaned out to, and then loan him out to them again if he's doing well or to someone else if not.

I'm fed up of us signing young players and their clear potentials being wasted with us because of inpatient fans and boo boys.

Edited by FlyingOwl

But, like so many young players we have had....his potential will be killed in this club by pressure from the fans, being played out of position, or not being played at all.

Can we not forget that this kid was playing in the Irish leagues last year?! Give him a chance, not write him off after a few games for us. He was poor vs Chesterfield....but he was playing on the wing for crying out loud! I'd like to see him loaned out 'till January, reassess how he'progressing in the team he's loaned out to, and then loan him out to them again if he's doing well or to someone else if not.

I'm fed up of us signing young players and their clear potentials being wasted with us because of inpatient fans and boo boys.

Hit the nail on the head here.

It gets me mad when young players aren't given the opportunity to play football. You can train all you want but you'll never be ready for first team football unless you play it. You can get physically stronger, you can improve the technical side of your game but if you don't apply it in a competitive situation (not development games) you're never going to improve or develop mentally.  At 19-21 it doesn't matter what level they play at, League Two is fine but you need to play football.

We've made massive strides this year with our Academy but if none of our first year professionals are deemed good enough to represent the first team in a tinpot cup against very modest opposition, then something's wrong.

It's not the fans who are not giving him a chance, it's the manager - he never plays.