Chris Maguire

Complete waste of a wage, if he's so bad why haven't we tried to get rid of him?

Because we don't have any other strikers. We'd only have 2 otherwise. Madines hardly going to pull up trees either is he. So our only hope is Nuhiu. Untried and unproven at this level. He did well today but so did Rodri on his debut.

Because we don't have any other strikers. We'd only have 2 otherwise. Madines hardly going to pull up trees either is he. So our only hope is Nuhiu. Untried and unproven at this level. He did well today but so did Rodri on his debut.

Getting in a Lita or someone else with a proven track record is going to be vital.

I like Maguire, he looks like he could potentially be a tricky player for us.

But the relentless harping on from some of our fans when we leave a back-up striker out of a team/squad is ridiculous (we've been here before, Heffernan syndrome).  We had two defenders, two midfielders, and two attacking options, on the bench - perhaps Jones felt away at QPR was not the place to have 3 attacking players on the bench, and instead wanted steadier options in case he needed to firm things up or hold onto something late on?  At home, or against lesser opposition, yes I would prefer 3 good attacking options on the bench.  Away at league favourites...?

With the players we have and the way we set up today I can see Maguire being the player who we try to offload to free up some money to bring Lita or an alternative in. No point in having 4 strikers (including Lita or another) if we plan to play 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with either Antonio, JJ or Maghoma in the hole.

Except Corry, who I think will be loaned out and Semedo who might get moved on if an opportunity arises, I can't see who else DJ could or will move out in order to free up funds.

Getting in a Lita or someone else with a proven track record is going to be vital.

It really is. It's so obvious what is missing is it not? It was said today on the commentary that we failed to score in 16 games last season, more than any other team. That's wee wee poor to fail at this statistic in a third of your games. We really need this now, the depth upfront is so so thin. Madine just hasn't got it, Maguire isn't wanted.

Edited by TheEnchanter