Incredible atmosphere

I mean bore off back to hearts. Stop trying to look for ways to hate to cure your jealousy. I cannot believe you are hating because they sang rule brittania and GSTQ.

You're obviously too thick to understand if you think it's anything to do with singing Rule Britannia and GSTQ.

:lol: And jealous of a team followed by bigots and glorious hunters, playing Second Division football, that's banned from Europe, and that hasn't won a trophy as recently as we have? I support my local teams. You bore off.

Fact last night was a pre season party, plenty of young Wednesday fans were exposed to a side of football they haven't seen before, and in today's highly charged emotionally driven political discourse they loved it.

Whilst vocally very impressive and very British orientated songs from the rangers fans captured plenty of young and old people imagination it only really did just that.

Had this been a game of value, European cup tie for example, it would been a very different edge to it.

Both Glasgow clubs fans define themselves by what the other isn't, and yes there are plenty of agenda at play both hidden and not so!

copy this from a previous post to get a bit of balance to the argument:

Celtic are about freedom, like scotland were during william wallace times! for some reason the rangers scum seem to have forgotten that england took their 'free country'! anyone who dares disagree with me look up myt 1st class honours degree in politcics and history at leeds trinity university (in around 2 months time tops) that is going through acceptance to become a published article.

I'll let you know when it is succesfully published you uneducated fools.

An educated person would know that an educated person would never try to dress his opinion as fact, because even the very educated cannot see all ends, especially when dealing with 700 years of historical political baggage. The story of Anglo-Scot relations is bigger than you and your "paper". This uneducated fool knows that educated person would have known that.

Also: best away support Ive ever seen at Hillsbrough. Some great characters, some good flags, good songs, amazing atmosphere. More please.

Look, whilst I think the atmosphere was amazing last night, the songs sung were still nothing to do with football and everything to Do with politics, religion and hatred.

Rangers and Celtic ARE two sides of the same coin, the only difference is English football fans love Rangers Britishness.

Just because we have suddenly had 100's of Rangers fans spring up on here over the last month doesn't mean they are 'better' than Celtic.

Guest james.taylor1982

copy this from a previous post to get a bit of balance to the argument:

Celtic are about freedom, like scotland were during william wallace times! for some reason the rangers scum seem to have forgotten that england took their 'free country'! anyone who dares disagree with me look up myt 1st class honours degree in politcics and history at leeds trinity university (in around 2 months time tops) that is going through acceptance to become a published article.

I'll let you know when it is succesfully published you uneducated fools.

Then u will also know about the rape and pillaging that Wallace did throughout Scotland and was not such a hero that the movie made him out to be. You will also know about there disrespect for the armed forces of our nation, then you can take your degree turn it sideways and ram it up your arse.

Apologise to everyone else, but this lizard really grips my poo poo.

Rangers fans = a credit to the game last night, can't wait to go to ibrox. WAWAW

Guest Big Guns

Look, whilst I think the atmosphere was amazing last night, the songs sung were still nothing to do with football and everything to Do with politics, religion and hatred.

Rangers and Celtic ARE two sides of the same coin, the only difference is English football fans love Rangers Britishness.

Just because we have suddenly had 100's of Rangers fans spring up on here over the last month doesn't mean they are 'better' than Celtic.

So you think it's ok to sing songs about murdering British soldiers and having collection buckets for the IRA ?

I know which side of the coin i'm on though.

Whatever happened to Barp, Barp, Toot flipping Toot, Bang, Bang, Poop, Poop.

I thought you couldn't have a good atmosphere without the Band.

Were Leeds Rhinos playing?

I bet the Rangers fans were gutted that they didn't hear 'The Great Escape'.

Over and Over and Over and Over a flipping gain.

Live.

(Great atmosphere - no Band) - (it must just be a coincidence)

are you talkin to yer sen

Looks like it.

None of the Band lovers are commenting.

We'll after to wait till we play Yeovil (if Leeds Rhinos aren't playing) - it'll have been dead if not for the Band.

You watch.

Us v Yeovil

90 minutes of Boom, Boom, Parp, Parp, Boom, Boom, Toot flipping Toot, again.

Can't wait.

Guest FanthamOfTheOpera

Build My Gallows

No Surrender

Billy Boys

The Sash

The party songs were out before and during the game for the bits I listened to. Great numbers but the repertoire should not be praised.

The fact the above happened and everyone is happy to blindly ignore it is beyond pathetic.

Meanwhile there's a pitch invasion at Brentford - on a smaller scale to the ones we see at Hillsborough for the last game of every season - and it's the end of the world.

:duntmatter:

Guest james.taylor1982

The fact the above happened and everyone is happy to blindly ignore it is beyond pathetic.

Meanwhile there's a pitch invasion at Brentford - on a smaller scale to the ones we see at Hillsborough for the last game of every season - and it's the end of the world.

:duntmatter:

NO SURRENDER

I'll be totally honest here, I couldn't hear the words and have no idea what The sash or billy boys are. All I know is they made noise all the way through and I didn't see one bit of trouble. Now if anyone wants to educate me as to the words of these songs and show me which of the 2 sides of Glasgows coin started it then please do. As far as I can see they're both as good or bad as each other when it comes to nasty songs. The atmosphere they created last night was unlike anything we normally see. I enjoyed it regardless of what they were singing.

Guest FanthamOfTheOpera

I'll be totally honest here, I couldn't hear the words and have no idea what The sash or billy boys are. All I know is they made noise all the way through and I didn't see one bit of trouble. Now if anyone wants to educate me as to the words of these songs and show me which of the 2 sides of Glasgows coin started it then please do. As far as I can see they're both as good or bad as each other when it comes to nasty songs. The atmosphere they created last night was unlike anything we normally see. I enjoyed it regardless of what they were singing.

"We're up to our knees in Fenian blood - surrender or you'll die"

Those who think this is fine/banter/acceptable, I'd be interested to know how thousands singing "we're up to our knees in British blood" would sit with you.

Guest FanthamOfTheOpera

A Fenian is a so called rebel soldier

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian#Contemporary_usage

"The term Fenian is still used today, especially in Northern Ireland and Scotland, where its original meaning has widened to include all supporters of Irish nationalism. It has also been used as a demeaning term for Irish Catholics and Catholics in general in the British Isles."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian#Contemporary_usage

"The term Fenian is still used today, especially in Northern Ireland and Scotland, where its original meaning has widened to include all supporters of Irish nationalism. It has also been used as a demeaning term for Irish Catholics and Catholics in general in the British Isles."

Celtic seem fine enough singing 'paddy Mccourts fenian army'