Incredible atmosphere

To all the people who said 'it's just another friendly..I'm not bothering...it's just a game vs a division two scottish club'

You missed a REAL cracker. Atmosphere wise, especially in the first half, was class.

I drove past during the game and in all honestly I thought it was quiet, must of been half time or summat.

Why was all the fans outside the stadium during the game as well, weird?

Edited by TaxiMark

Undoubtably the best away fans ever to visit hillsborough. Some real nice connections between the fans too. The huge union jack with lee rigby on being passsed from rangers fans to owls brought a lump to the throat. Celtic at brentford = disgrace. Gers at wednesday were outstanding. How can that many people all be pissed, yet cause no trouble. Well done rangers. Outstanding

Edited by wakefieldowl

If a Rangers fan sings a song about being up to his knees in fenian blood its mostly seen as banter in this country.

If a Celtic fan sings a song about oppression its frowned upon.

Why?

I was born here and im proud of the land, the scenery, the hills, fish and chips and a cup of tea. But what makes us so special?

I mean, how many nations haven't we had a fall out with?

There's always two sides to every argument and I think sometimes we seem to forget the misfortune that some have suffered at the hands of the British Empire.

Its a right for a Rangers fan to form an opinion but at the same time its wholly unjust to deny anyone with a differing view their right of opinion.

To hear people sing it doesn't bother me, but you cant make one rule for one and not the other.

Its either bigotry or it isn't.

Great support and a great mutual affection between us and them from what I saw.

Made me laugh when their guy was clean thru only to put it just wide in the second half,expected to hear the old 'yeahhhhhowwww' as he missed, but I looked up to see them all turned round facing the back of the west stand dancing like nutters to something or other. They weren't even fussed about the game.

Guest Tomboss

copy this from a previous post to get a bit of balance to the argument:

Celtic are about freedom, like scotland were during william wallace times! for some reason the rangers scum seem to have forgotten that england took their 'free country'! anyone who dares disagree with me look up myt 1st class honours degree in politcics and history at leeds trinity university (in around 2 months time tops) that is going through acceptance to become a published article.

I'll let you know when it is succesfully published you uneducated fools.

How would the IRA achieving their aim of unifying Northern Ireland with the Republic affect a football team in Glasgow then?

Because unless there's a direct effect, glorifying the IRA isn't about "freedom", it's about "supporting a terrorist group".

If we started a Hezbollah chant would you say we were promoting freedom or being flaps?

Guest Tomboss

How would the IRA achieving their aim of unifying Northern Ireland with the Republic affect a football team in Glasgow then?

sorry, i thought that every football fan in the world knew that celtic and rangers were about religion and nationality, not football. Thats why you get people from all over the world following both football clubs

Celtic are about freedom, like scotland were during william wallace times! for some reason the rangers scum seem to have forgotten that england took their 'free country'! anyone who dares disagree with me look up myt 1st class honours degree in politcics and history at leeds trinity university (in around 2 months time tops) that is going through acceptance to become a published article.

I can see from your avatar that it will be a totally unbiased objective paper.

Hi TB can you publish it on here ? or post a link ?

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Fantastic noise ( Union Bears especially awesome)  friendly support all round and the passing of the flag between fans was a nice touch . Never expected anything different mind, as I know first hand who the best club in Glasgow is.

Would also like to say that taking into account  most owls just got out from work and hadn't been boozing all day long that it was a decent enough effort from our lot in AA1

its a pity syp tried their best to spoil the event from day one,useless cnuts how wud they cope if we ever get back to the prem

We'd have to have a 65,000 seater stadium just to get 30,000 in with the segregation SYP would require.

I agree. Vocally they were a different class but there is something a bit unsettling about their songs. German bombers, no surrender, we are the people etc There was one banner that read 'remember 1690' or something ridiculous. Top support but the whole club is stuck in a flipping time warp.

There's a deep rooted evilness and absolute hatred behind it too. A well supported club but by many for the wrong reasons.

Celtic fans allegedly started a chant about Lee Rigby. There's banter (from Rangers fans), then there's complete Napoleonic knuckle dragging moronism.

They're both knuckle dragging moronism.

Yeah, but sectarian songs are only offensive when they're about British soldiers right?

It would seem some with very few brains agree.

Yawn, bore off woth your irrelevant small club issues

What exactly do you mean by that?

But are those songs classed as sectarian in England?And by that I mean by law.

I don't think it is technically illegal down here. Still doesn't make it right though.

FFS they were quality apart from slagging Mcabe so just drop it jesus

Would you say the same for example if their 'quality' songs were directed at Black people?

land of hope and glory, rule brittania and god save the queen. It was more like last night of the proms

Ignorance is bliss.

There's a deep rooted evilness and absolute hatred behind it too. A well supported club but by many for the wrong reasons.

They're both knuckle dragging moronism.

It would seem some with very few brains agree.

What exactly do you mean by that?

I mean bore off back to hearts. Stop trying to look for ways to hate to cure your jealousy. I cannot believe you are hating because they sang rule brittania and GSTQ.

Guest intercity0wl

They were there in numbers for the potential problems.

Far better to have them there in numbers and them not be needed, than them not be there and something kick off.They'd have been criticised then!!

Damned if they do,damned if they don't.

They have been there in numbers in the past when things have kicked off, and to be honest, they were still Damned, Damned useless that is.