Relegation Fights

Relegation fights aren't that bad really.....

Yes times get nervous and frustrating, often causing divisions within the fan base over opinions but would you rather have mid table obscurity and nothing to play for at the end of the season.

I know we would all rather be at the top pushing for promotion but that is not going to happen every season (just have a look at our history)

Yesterday's win, a relegation 6 pointer bought a great feeling when the ref blew his whistle and whichever game we get the points to cross the line and remain in this league will be celebrated with immense passion and relief. I imagine that the disappointment of a season missing out on the last play off spot is far worse than the season that saw us battle against 8-9 other clubs and restoring our Championship status.

Is that a bit backwards?

Yes times get nervous and frustrating, often causing divisions within the fan base over opinions but would you rather have mid table obscurity and nothing to play for at the end of the season.

I know we would all rather be at the top pushing for promotion but that is not going to happen every season (just have a look at our history)

Yesterday's win, a relegation 6 pointer bought a great feeling when the ref blew his whistle and whichever game we get the points to cross the line and remain in this league will be celebrated with immense passion and relief. I imagine that the disappointment of a season missing out on the last play off spot is far worse than the season that saw us battle against 8-9 other clubs and restoring our Championship status.

Is that a bit backwards?

Yep mate..its totally backwards..although I see your point..

see... this "midtable obscurity" is what we are fighting tooth an' nail for...and I wanted it last week...the week before...next week.. I just want it...There is no such thing as "Midtable obscurity" in this division....If we were not fighting relegatiuon..we would be in a play off spot...there is no middle ground....and I would rather be fighting for a play off spot...

Yeh i thought it was a bit backwards. Don't get me wrong i too would love to be fighting for a play off spot but the satisfaction of beating relegation is like a victory.

Certainly is mate....beating relegation will have me celebrating like last year...

Edited by asteener1867

Is that a bit backwards?

Causes rapid hair loss aswell

fingers crossed I will be their to see us in our element,, celebrating our championship status at the middles borough game ,

c'mon you blue and white lizzards

No worries there mate!