Jones OUT

Guest Big Guns

Early days I know but it's interesting to see the 'experts' willing to give the opportunity for the manager's idea to work. For the first 40 minutes we threatened them much more than vice versa.

JUS PLAY WI' TOO UP FRUNT INNIT

Players win games, not formations.

Have you noticed which expert was happy with the squad and formation well before kick off ;)

I am a complete idiot.

No you're not. It was a bizarre decision that paid off that's all. We know we can't play that same system every week, we'd only win the odd game.

It's like playing JJ up front. You'd get the odd win, and JJ might rip the defence apart, but long term it wouldn't work. It wouldn't work a lot more times than what it would.

What are people going to say if he plays the same team against Wolves and we lose?

I'll give Jones credit, because at least he didn't play Sidibe, and we tried to attack them. But how long is it going to last? There's no crosses going into the box, and even if they were, both players aren't going to get on the end of them. Also, both players are no good in the air either. So i think it would be a huge gamble to stick with it.

But it was entertaining, and a million times better than the Burnley performance. So again, I'll give Dave credit, but I don't think it's the answer long term for us, and neither is he.