Is JJ the answer?

Guest Ebbiowl

Guest Ebbiowl

Is JJ the answer to our search for a striker who can function as a lone striker and who can play down the middle?

I used to think his best position was out wide, but as his crossing is lamentable I am not so sure now.

JJ might function quite well playing down the middle: he has good balance coupled with speed which means he can always go past defenders and cause problems in dangerous areas. He started his career as a striker, so he must have some aptitude for the role of central striker.

Although he is not a diver, JJ might well earn the odd penalty. As for his shooting, it has always been wild from out wide, but his accuracy might be better from a central position. Its easier to hit a straight shot than a cross shot. Megson tried him out for taking free kicks and JJ showed he could really blast a ball.

Another point is that when we are defending (a corner, say), we should have JJ on the centre line; this would tie up two defenders. Then a quick clearance into space - we all know who would be first to the ball!

Lone striker? Give JJ a try!

Guest Stereophonics

Not sure about as a lone striker but I would like to see him back in the side. Personally I would have Antonio wide right, Dan Jones wide left and JJ up front next to either Bothroyd or Madine

Guest Stereophonics

That's not true.

Who is that number 11 always on the bench for Wednesday?

See. Sometimes JJ is the answer.

:tango:

Or who's that player who started the season on fire and was then dropped for no apparent reason?

JJ couldnt get a game in L1....

But I must admit he looked far more handsome on a league 1 bench

I was talking about Treacy

To be fair, Mayor could be just as good as Treacy - we just don't know because we don't see him play!

In any event, we don't play with "wingers" at the moment. Bothroyd and Antonio are set up to play more like old fashioned "inside forwards" than wingers, they are meant to be the ones who go inside to support the lone striker, hence we Bothroyd, left footer, is playing on the right, and Antonio, right footer, is playing on the left.

Treacy would not improve us at all while we are playing 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.