What's happened to Ryan Lowe

The player who many on here wanted to spearhead our assault on the championship seems to be struggling to make any sort of impression at league one MK Dons. Played up front tonight for them against non league Cambridge, whom they beat 6-1 and Ryan still couldn't get on the score sheet.

I liked him when he was here but he was never cut out for the championship in my opinion. He really needs to get away from MK though as he doesn't appear to have settled there at all

I liked him, very clever link up man, but never looked like he could be a prolific scorer Can understange why he might be described as a strange Megson signing, not as a slight on his ability, but because of the way Megson wanted us to play. He just didn't seem like a Megson type, though ironically he got less of a look in under Jones. A move back to Bury would be great for him, I agree

Guest YO10OWL

They best movement i've seen from one our strikers for a long time. Always lively, playing on the shoulders, making a nuisance of himself. A very good player at that level, but getting on a bit and really should have scored more.

Best striker we have had since Hirsty.

Not quite sure I agree fully with your statement but i thought Ryan Lowe was always decent. Thought he should have got more game time but i suppose you cant really argue when you're not playing because the team is winning....

Edited by ramone

Not quite sure I agree fully with your statement but i thought Ryan Lowe was always decent. Thought he should have got more game time but i suppose you cant really argue when you're not playing because the team is winning....

I don't quite fully agree with it myself mate but I did like Ryan Lowe. Clever player with great movement. Did miss the odd sitter which made him a bit of a scapegoat on here. His goals to chance ratio was actually better than most. He is the type of player we need now , someone who will actually get in to goalcoring positions.

I sometimes wonder about the people who slag him. How much serious football have they actually played themselves?

His movement was excellent, and goal poaching ability was outstanding.

Never given a real chance.

to be fair (age wise) he was past his prime...

but you're right about his ability to make room for himself in the box, a half yard more pace and he'd have been a monster last season...

as for never given a chance, he hardly fit into the style megson was playing...

couldn't believe the last 15 minutes of each game when we'd bring him on, and hump it forward, with him trying to get those lil' legs goin, and being offside through trying so much...amazing decision week in, week out... :st2:

I don't quite fully agree with it myself mate but I did like Ryan Lowe. Clever player with great movement. Did miss the odd sitter which made him a bit of a scapegoat on here. His goals to chance ratio was actually better than most. He is the type of player we need now , someone who will actually get in to goalcoring positions.

I remember against Bury at home he missed a few chances, but still managed to score. Suddenly after that game he got stuck with the tag that he missed sitters.