Message to DJ on his way to Middlesborough

Ok Dave youve got this up on youre mobile. - well done

Is there any chance tonight you could

* Get more than three players in and around the penalty area when we attack

* Play the defence higher up the pitch enabling the midfield to concentrate on football and not marathon running

* Play two up front and actually give them something to think about.

* Not rely too heavily on Antonio doing the damage - let everyone know they are a team.

* Ask Mr Bothroyd to actually turn up and play for his pride never mind the shirt.

* Oh and a 3-0 win too if you dont mind. Actually concentrate on the points above and the win will follow.

Ill be interested tonight what the experts say if we defend deep again.

Cheers Dave

"THE MADOWL"

Playing the defence higher up the pitch would have been devastating against Blackpool. Who'd win a race between Ince/Phillips and Gardner/Llera? Our defence isn't blessed with pace so we have to play to accomodate our strengths. We'd be conceding loads from counter attacks if we played high up the pitch.

Playing the defence higher up the pitch would have been devastating against Blackpool. Who'd win a race between Ince/Phillips and Gardner/Llera? Our defence isn't blessed with pace so we have to play to accomodate our strengths. We'd be conceding loads from counter attacks if we played high up the pitch.

Its all about reading the game ........ not being lazy and not getting out. We invite pressure the way we play.

Completely agree about getting bodies in the box, Barkley, McCabe, Bothroyd and/or JJ and even when the opportunity is there Semedo really need to make a lot more of an effort in this area.

Not sure bout the defence playing much higher though, just leaves room to run in behind, Llera and Gardener might be solid, but they are seriously slow.

Its all about reading the game ........ not being lazy and not getting out. We invite pressure the way we play.

You can read the game all you want but if our defence is pushed high up and the ball goes over their heads they aren't catching players with pace no matter how good they are. I agree we should push out at times, like when we clear corners/freekicks etc, but standing high up the pitch whenever we can isn't always the best way.

Hi DJ

Any change you could flip off please?

Ha! While youre at it. DJ can you please boo the players at half time please if they're doing poo , I feel as thought the team spirit isnt broken enough yet, perhaps leave a couple of noose's in the changing rooms too.

Hows that? lol

You can read the game all you want but if our defence is pushed high up and the ball goes over their heads they aren't catching players with pace no matter how good they are. I agree we should push out at times, like when we clear corners/freekicks etc, but standing high up the pitch whenever we can isn't always the best way.

Im with ya !! As a centre half pairing and I know you know this. One defender drops off and one goes for the ball. With us defending deep its our midfielders that are going for alot of the headers from punts forward. Meaning they are in a starting position for any attacks which is far too deep.

I reaise you have to be careful with the ball over the top however as I say reading the game right and the pace of Buxton and Jones should be ample cover.

We Will Win!

I take it as stated we are infact playing the same line-up as tuesday ? Cog up front on his own an a defensive side ? Id like to see a mixture we need the attacking side that we had when we was scoring 3 goals a game suppose it depends on the team your playing.... roll on tonight!!