Beat by a better team, end of story

We were outclassed by a better team from front to back. Blackpool have built the team that they have over a long period, including time in the premier league. They've now landed back in the championship with the aid of a nice parachute. At times today (beginning of both halves) we had them on the racks and looked like scoring. Teams are going to come to Hillsborough and give us a lesson in how to play. We can't get disheartened every time this happens, we need to keep our chins up and our heads held high. We're building for the future at the moment, our time will come. WAWAW

Guest Sheff Owl

Yeah Blackpool will look world beaters when you allow them to play.

Ince and Phillips ran the show, we didn't have a clue how to cope with them.

They'll be plenty more results like tonight to come.

Looking at the table tonight, I would say its any three from the bottom five for the drop, even at this early stage.

If we finish 21st then it means we'll be able to strengthen further next season.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but its vital that we stay in this league.

Big caveat - only listened to the commentary on Player.

The number of times the commentators said 'no bodies in the box' was shocking. Our strikers have scored less than our defenders. So something is drastically wrong - and it can't all be put down to a learning curve.

It also sounded like we were happy to watch Blackpool play the ball around - and at this level you get punished. As other posters have said in other threads - why we don't get in their faces and try to disrupt things is alarming.

For me, and also going on what I've seen on TV and Player, we're crying out for an older experienced head in the middle (a Watson type of player) and why Bothroyd is playing so wide and deep I just don't get it. Give me 2 out and out strikers any day.

* I have no coaching badges

The number of times the commentators said 'no bodies in the box' was shocking. Our strikers have scored less than our defenders. So something is drastically wrong - and it can't all be put down to a learning curve.

It also sounded like we were happy to watch Blackpool play the ball around - and at this level you get punished. As other posters have said in other threads - why we don't get in their faces and try to disrupt things is alarming.

For me, and also going on what I've seen on TV and Player, we're crying out for an older experienced head in the middle (a Watson type of player) and why Bothroyd is playing so wide and deep I just don't get it. Give me 2 out and out strikers any day.

It was humiliating at times Daz...Blackpool should have won by more.....When Wednesday got the ball wide...no bugger was in the box, this resulted in either simply giving it away or going backwards....Blackpool had more movement, more composure, more threat...We got what we deserved....nowt

Blackpool play football Wednesday cannot cope with and do I recall it happening before? It cannot help to play only one striker upfront and the other one in right midfield

I agree with the OP, they simply had a better team than us and over ran our midfield at will. They generally looked fitter, stronger, faster and used the ball far better than we did.

I'd agree with that. Especially the mention of fitness. There was a lot of huffing & puffing by us.

I'm hoping its just this bug thats been flying about the place.

I can take losing when we go out giving it a real go. Tonight was embarrassing.